Varga's 94 Gallon Cube

Varga

Re: Varga's 75 Gallon Cube

_DSC0096.jpg

_DSC0095.jpg

Varga

Re: Varga's 75 Gallon Cube

Varga what are u planning to keep in this tank?

Right now the plan is to have one island, with sps on top of the island and right under the halide, and all the softies on the bottom

Varga

Don't mess around Adam :D

Why didn't I think about black silicone!!!???

I'm working on the stand while the silicone cures. So exited about setting up a new tank :)

nstiesi

Wow, that looks great. I have been searching around lately for a tank just that size. Perfecto now makes one but it is pretty pricey....I think $400+. You are really saving by building it yourself.

Varga

I think I'm going to be stubborn and go rimless!! I applied so much silicone to the corners, its not even funny :). I cannot move the pieces even slightly. I will just fill it up maybe 60% and see how the joints like it. Maybe leave it 60% full for a few days.

Thinking back of the tank should be black. Right now no plans on drilling the thank. the bit to drill it will cost as much as the tank itself!! I have an old overflow laying around for now. I want this tank to be very simple. No fancy stuff. One return pump, 3 modded MJ's. DIY Venturi skimmer.

Stand has a 30 gallon, built in plywood/glass sump. Finally learned how to cut glass :D.

Outside of the stand is just primed for now. Thinking it should be black? I kind of like it white too. What you guys think?

_DSC0098.jpg

Varga

why? putting 5 pieces of glass together with $4 worth of silicone is about the easiest thing ever!

Varga

Years ago I bought a 40 gallon, and I built a 55 gallon at around the same time. The one I bought started leaking a couple of years later, the one I built lasted for years more. in fact I just cut it apart today to use the glass into my new sump. When you DIY its better because you can over-do everything for your peace of mind :)

Varga

Scratch the idea of plywood/glass sump. for some reason the epoxy bubbled over night. Now we have a glass sump built into the stand. Might do water test today!

_DSC0099.jpg

flying dutchman

Where did you buy the glass? planning to build a tank too with the garf calculator. Can't wait to see it up and running. Like the idea of the plywood/glass sump, too bad it didn't work out.

Varga

Where did you buy the glass? planning to build a tank too with the garf calculator. Can't wait to see it up and running. Like the idea of the plywood/glass sump, too bad it didn't work out.

you can buy the glass from any local glass shop. Shop around though. The price difference can be significant.

Varga

And a cube was born. Water goes in tomorrow morning.
I can not tell you how much I hate that ugly brace, but life must go on :D
Total gallons: 123
So far total cost: $156

_DSC0007.jpg

Adam Black

You know, it would probably take me 16 hours to get to Seattle But I would total do it for a few frag tank! I have family in Oregon and Washington. We need to make a deal:D