Ugly Tank Contest!

johnmaloney

pictures are all in a zip file so you have to download the file, unpack it and then browse the pictures. couldn't get my image resizing software going in time.

ReefGuy69

ahh i see not a problem. i am at work and it started to download on me and i had to cancel because IT would have come running out and tackled me to the ground and threw my computer across the room. been alot of issues with virus's and stuff targeting our company. So ill check it at home.

Frankie

RS STAFF
My entry:
910324137_5ee35609b4_o.png

My Red Sea Max one month after startup. I had to remove almost all rocks, clean them with a dish brush and make a big water change to solve the issue. I should have properly cured my LR... Now I know... And thanks again to GD-Esquire for the right advice at the right time.
Whoa dude! Now that is UGLY! :D

BLAKEJOHN

I hate to say it, but looking through all those pics it almost seems that alot of them look like they have never been cleaned. I mean not even an attempt. Some make my pic look clean.

johnmaloney

my brother actually chose yours as a finalist because he thought it had the best potential for improvement. The glass is already clean, just a little sandbed work and that is a really decked out tank. No way you were going to win that one though, not with the competition out there.

BLAKEJOHN

my brother actually chose yours as a finalist because he thought it had the best potential for improvement. The glass is already clean, just a little sandbed work and that is a really decked out tank. No way you were going to win that one though, not with the competition out there.

I thank you for the compliment and consideration. My tank has become 110% better with some aggressive husbandry (about 12 hrs a week). To be honest My thoughts were that some of those tanks needed just that and a CUC to boot. Regardless it was a great contest with a great reward. I am hoping to follow the progress on capsfans Tank.

Stacef

I am in the top 4 for this contest. All of you who did not make it I hope that the issues you are having get solved soon, I know what a headache it is to deal with!

The prize is a custom clean up crew. And to be honest, we can't afford one right now, and this is the perfect chance to concur this stupid algae, and to get a CUC at the same time.

The voting has started, and ends Friday at noon, I NEED you all to go and vote for me PLEASE!! It will only take a few seconds.

Looking at some of these pictures that are also in the finalists kinds of brings all of my hard work down to a lower point. Shouldn't "someone who has taken the effort to take care of the algae" be taken into consideration for the potential the tank has? The people that haven't cleaned their glass in a week, or have GHA that's 6 inches long obviously show lack of dedication, whether something happened with them that is causing them to not take care of it, or simply lack of dedication.

I honestly think I have a chance, simply because of my dedication and time that I put into my tank daily!

I really need your help with winning this CUC.I am more than happy to document (with pictures) the process after the CUC being introduced. (Part of the guidelines, having to document it all) Someone that has not even put effort to trim the GHA back, makes me wonder if they think dropping the CUC into the tank and leaving it is the solution. In my eyes, that's as bad as having the algae problem.

I trim/pluck my GHA daily, on top of scrubbing my glass daily, I never let it get behind, or it just gets neglected, and no longer is pretty to look at. I can let my tank go for 2 weeks or a month without touching it, and it will have GHA just as bad as the others that are in the running, but what is the point in that? I would feel like I not only failed at keeping the tank maint. up, but failing myself for keeping such a poorly cared for tank.

Here is a link to the thread where the voting it going on, just reply to the thread and write in who your vote is for. Thanks again!! Karma to all who go and vote :D I figure what better of a place to have my friends support in all of this..

ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Re:Ugly Tank Contest! - Reef Cleaners Support

johnmaloney

oh you think he is going to win? I don't know stacief is in the lead, but she is campaigning pretty hard. I think curtisnrachel should win. They have a tank that is barely hanging on after Hurricane Ike, pretty remarkable it even survived.

Stacef

Because of all of you wonderful help, I WON! I am beyond thrilled about this. We cannot afford a CUC right now, and this will be something that helps us out majorly. I will be taking pictures and documenting the process every Sunday, starting the day I receive the CUC.

Good luck to all of the other contestants that did not win, I hope you the best of luck battleing your algae.

Thanks again for everyones support, it means a lot to us :D

THANK YOU!!!!!!

sambrinar

Because of all of you wonderful help, I WON! I am beyond thrilled about this. We cannot afford a CUC right now, and this will be something that helps us out majorly. I will be taking pictures and documenting the process every Sunday, starting the day I receive the CUC.

Good luck to all of the other contestants that did not win, I hope you the best of luck battleing your algae.

Thanks again for everyones support, it means a lot to us :D

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Congrats Stace, (I think) LOL.. good for you!!

Stacef

Hahah Brenda, I take it as a congrats. I am excited about it, and couldn't ask for anything better right now! I look at it as a chance for my tank to progress from this uglieness!! :D