Triggerjay's Glass Box

Triggerjay

Lil update.. Hawkins, along with several of my other SPS are showing signs of burnt tips/STN. Don't know what's up yet... Big water change tonight. ALK creeped up to 11 on me, so I cut off the kalkwasser.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hopefully a water change will settle things back to normal and the right levels :)

Triggerjay

SPS still continuing to decline. Hawkins is gone, and now my montiporas are starting to look like their going to go too. Totally baffled. Lps and zoas still doing great.

anarchy

I'd say try to get phos up a little more like .03 but if that's not the issue then I'd say trace elements but if you are doing regular water changes that shouldn't be an issue

Triggerjay

I had missed a couple water changes the last few weeks, so I doubled the size of water changes last week and this week. I used to dose 5ml peroxide, but I cut that off about a month ago. I added carbon pads between my sump baffles a couple days ago just in case I got some unwanted's in the water (wife likes her air fresheners). Hopefully things will turn around. I'll bump up the feeding too. I use a mixture of mysis, reef roids, and coral frenzy once weekly and marine 1 flake twice daily for the three fish in there.

Triggerjay

Well, I broke my tank tonight.. Was trying to pull a shim out from under the stand and hit the bulkhead against the wall. Cracked the back from the bulkhead to the bottom of the tank. Everything is in tubs. I want to cry right now.. I feel so stupid.

Triggerjay

I picked up a 72g reef ready bow last night but I noticed the trim is cracked in two places. A little bigger than what I really want too. I guess here in a bit ill go hit up the big box pet stores and see what they have. I'm hoping to find a 60g 30x18x24. It would fit my stand nicely. Gotta go dig out my polarized sunglasses to make sure I can drill it. Everything seems to be faring well in the tubs. I have coral in two of them and have to keep switching the heater from bin to bin.

Triggerjay

Picked up a new 65g tank today. It's 36x18.5x24 high. I didn't feel comfortable with a used tank as I don't know what has been in it. I like the size. It should make a nice tank. I finished drilling it, painting the back, and now I'm waiting for the glue on the overflow to dry. This time tomorrow I'll be able to start filling it. Curious what kind of cycle I will see. I saved all my water from the 37g and had just completed a 30g water change so I hopefully have enough on hand to fill it (fingers crossed). Since it's a bigger tank I also stopped and got two more bags of sand. So far, livestock is fairing ok.. However I did snap a couple of my larger sps colonies.