Triggerjay's Glass Box

Triggerjay

I'll look into the blue buckets. Sounds like what I'm after. I'm in Orlando quite often. Next time I'm up there I plan to go see WWC. I picked up a purple Bonsi acro this afternoon from a local reefer. It's already looking happy.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Blue bucket is definitely an excellent salt choice :) I use it and love it.

Can't wait to see some more shots mate ;) lol

Triggerjay

I just ordered the 175 gallon blue bucket. My alk has been creeping up on me and is now at 12dkh. I will have to let the alk drop slowly and the plan right now is to match all water change water chemistry except alk. I will supplement the alk 1dkh lower than the current tank level for my weekly 5g water change. That doesn't seem like much, but my system is around 50g, so that should lower it a few 10ths of a point every week. My goal is around 9, but I don't mind taking my time getting there. Overall the tank is doing well. I pulled a zoa colony this morning to clip off a couple bubble algae spots. I'm seeing decent growth from the SPS. I feed reef roids and coral frenzy two nights a week. Over the last two weeks I have also increased my white LEDs by 5%. They are now running at 25%. Colors are amazing. I haven't added much else in the way of livestock lately. I think all I have added is a GARF purple Bonsi. Happy with the progression so far. No losses to date.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looking stunning mate! I luuurrrvvveee that Sunset Monti! :D :drool: I can't wait for mine to colour up like that, you've also got a sweet zoa collection going there too :)

Triggerjay

The bonsi is one of my favorites. It is encrusting to the rock like crazy. When I was mounting it, I accidentally chipped a 2 polyp frag off the side of it. I glued that teeny tiny frag to another rock and it is also encrusting well. It's up to about 20 polyps in about a month.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats on the new little one !

baby_congratulations_from_fish_friend_card-rf8a9ce5a38cb4ec2a8df92baff250c21_xvuat_8byvr_324.jpg