Tongan Rock Ban

Varga

I heard the rock was banned because kids were crushing it and smoking it in a hookah!

Varga

I was not having fun, that's really true. I got my info from the most reliable source.......I made it up :D

SubRosa

The best thing about Tonga Rock is the shapes.If the pieces are small enough you wouldn't be able ID it.I sell Fiji @$3.99 lb and Tonga @$7.99 lb.The story about only getting small pieces from Tonga could be a tricky way to get rid of the rubble at a really good margin.Just a thought.....

John

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I met and spent some time talking with Walt Smith last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. I honestly believe he's got the industry and the PLANET'S best interest at heart. I wish he was a member here as well.

saltysupply

RS Sponsor
I met and spent some time talking with Walt Smith last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. I honestly believe he's got the industry and the PLANET'S best interest at heart. I wish he was a member here as well.

Yes he does seem like a good guy and is really pushing the conservation issue...however who knows, years ago they probably didn't think about conservation so much as they do now..

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Yes he does seem like a good guy and is really pushing the conservation issue...however who knows, years ago they probably didn't think about conservation so much as they do now..

That's exactly right. There was a time when the environment was just assumed to be self-healing and never ending. A lot has changed over the years. I wish it could have changed sooner but alas I didn't know any better and was a PART of the problem. I hope to be PART of the solution in my own little way. :)

I would love to meet Walt again and sit down to talk with him indepth in a non-commercial setting. We talked but everyone wanted to meet and shake his hand so it was tough to get "into" the conversation. I'd LOVE to spend a week with him and his wife and see their coral farm up close. Maybe ONE day :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I am very bummed I didn't win the fiji trip, I would love to see the facilities!
Same here.. I'm not going to mention how MANY of those "raffle" tickets we bought trying to win that trip. It's officially on my "Must Do" vacation trips now.