"Tom's RSM 250"

tnwillia

Hey Steve, The software lets me set the % output on each of the LEDs (Royal Blue, Blue, Soft White, Green & Red) 0 to 100%. Then it lets me set the "brightness/intensity" 0 to 100% day and 0 to 20% night. The book says the light intensity is 12K at 100% but I have the ability to set this from 5K (sun at Sunset) to 20K (Cloudless day). I think I'm saying this right, still learning. Thanks!

steved13

PREMIUM
I saw on their site, about the 5K at sunrise sunset, and 12k and so on....very cool idea!!

I'm still confused. I'm thinking, the output with all at 50% and then 100% brightness would be the same as all at 100% and then 50% brightness? Basically allowing you to "tune" the color and then "tune" the brightness while maintaining the same color?

Sorry, if I'm being dense...I'm just trying to understand.

tnwillia

Hey Steve, I think your on it with the dual tuning. In playing with them I can set the LEDs to 100% and the Brightness to 10% and the tank is like dawn with the sun not quite on the horizon yet. Then I can back down the LEDs and watch the light drop more. I think the tuning thing is where this is. For the most part I'm playing with color changes and intensity at daybreak and sunset. When Natural mode comes out this won't matter to me cause as I read it that mode is prebuilt to simulate all the things I'm playing with now. Maybe next weekend I'll get the Canon out and take pictures thru some of the different settings. Thanks again!

steved13

PREMIUM
Thanks Tom. It makes sense with all the colors you have to play with, once you find the color you like, you'd just vary the intensity, if that's what you wanted.

I read up some on the natural mode, it looks like it would be pretty cool, I agree I'd set it to the natural and leave it. You might lose some of the pop of the royal blues, if the natural mode turns them down some though. If that were the case, I'd miss that pop, but I'd still opt for the natural. I'm looking forward to your results.

tnwillia

Turned my RKE Net back up today. This is as far as I can go on the cabinet till I finish the plumbing work.

DSC02642.jpg

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Wow, you've had a busy weekend!! Congrats on your reorganisation, it looks terrific. I'm very much looking forward to seeing pics of the different light modes too. It would be great to have a natural setting and seeing the sunrise/sunset modes. I'd love to have a couple of these led modules but my minister of finance...aka the wife, would shoot me LOL. If it's not a rude question, how much are the Ecotech led modules?

tnwillia

Hey Leigh, they are running just under 800 each here and they are about 100 more in Canada, most of the on-line stores have them now. I'd hope the prices come down but in the 3 years I've been buying Vortech products I've never seen any price go down except on the MP-20s after they were dropped from the product line. I save to this stuff all year. Thanks!

tnwillia

I backed down the power on my Radions across the day, Getting more Algae growth than I want and a Cyno outbreak. They are blowing away my old HQI/T5 hood, I should have done this long ago! Still w3aiting for "Natural mode" to come out, maybe it will be Ecotechs Christmas present LOL.

Dweezil

Hi Tom! The new lights look awesome. How are you liking them? Everything looks great and I love what you've done with the cabinet setup as well. Everything in one place and tucked away. :) Nicely done!

Merry Christmas!

tnwillia

Hey Tammy, all is well, love the lights! Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thanks for stopping by!

tnwillia

Ecotech released the updrate (1.04) for the Radions to get "Natural mode" Had no problems with the upgrades and will play lots more with it this weekend!

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Mr Saltwater Tank had a video of how the easy the adjusting of the program on his PC. Do you happen to know if it's Mac compatible? I'm way impressed, either way. Something to aim for some time in the future.