Tok's RSM 250

ErnestoC

Tok I love your montiporas! looking amazing!

I hope mine will recover after the bulb problem I had.

Really nice tank, congrats!

Jimbo

This was my Moti on the 7-05-2012

IMG_3778.jpg

and this is it today 4-11-2012.

_MG_4145.jpg

_MG_4170.jpg

Tok

I have seen this progress in the flesh and it really is as good as that! The Acro is my fave, which reminds me, i want some when my tank is ready!! :time::cool:

Tokalosh

I'm posting this here just for my record as I find it is a good way on keeping track of my tank parameters.

I always seem to lose the piece of paper I wrote them down on.

Ca: 500 ppm
KH: 5 dKH
Mg: 1.400 ppm
Temp: 25'c
NO3: 0
pH: 8.3
NO4: 0.08 ppm
SG: 0.026 ppm

Some updated FT pics to follow.

Tok

mjs1981

Hey Tok

Tank looks amazing it just gets better an better my aim is to get my tank as good as yours

just a quick question i know you was using ATI T5 lighting with a combination of colours but what was the wattage of the lighting? are the bulbs the same watttage as the red sea max 250 stock bulbs which are 39w?

Tokalosh

Hey Tok

Tank looks amazing it just gets better an better my aim is to get my tank as good as yours

just a quick question i know you was using ATI T5 lighting with a combination of colours but what was the wattage of the lighting? are the bulbs the same watttage as the red sea max 250 stock bulbs which are 39w?

Thanks MJS

The ATI T5's are also 39w but the colours are better than the stock bulbs.

The combination I have gone with makes all the colours pop and seem more radiant.

Tok

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Tok your tank looks amazing. The colors literally POP and the growth is awesome. Whatever bulb combination you're running... KEEP IT! I'm sitting here in my office trying to keep the drool off of the blueprint I'm working on LOL

mjs1981

Hey Tok

How's things mate?
Just a quick question about your long tentacle anemone, how you manage to keep it where it is as I have read they prefer a deep sandbed for placement but by looks of yours it's on rocks
Correct me if im wrong
Are you running the stock skimmer?

Matt

Tokalosh

All good Matt

Now if you all say PLEASE I'll show you all something rather spectacular!!!

In the mean time.... Matt my long tentacle anemone is like the rest of the animals in my zoo, if you dont look after it and pay it enough attention it will pack it's bags and move on.

To keep mine in the correct place (which it chose) I feed it every 3 days and make sure it is not bullied my clown fish.
It loves silver side and is fed religiously by it's protector (Mr Clown) when I feed the tank.

My skimmer is stock and works like a charm, but if not maintained correctly can become a little noisy.

Tok

Tokalosh

Ladies and Gentlemen...

I introduce you to the first ATI Sunpower Red Sea Max 250 Hood.

IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

I have one or two little bugs to sort and then it goes on the tank.

Tok

Tokalosh

IT WORKS

My new ATI Sunpower Red Sea Max hybrid hood is now up and running and what a difference it makes.
So cool to finally simulate a more natural sunrise and sunset effect with T5's using the original hood.

Tok

Tokalosh

Meet the newest member of my tank...

She does look so stunning but is a little camera shy.

_MG_4262_zps66908786.jpg

_MG_4263_zps003e9960.jpg

_MG_4264_zps2429c2ae.jpg

_MG_4265_zpsaf1f42a9.jpg

Never see her stop eating on algae.

Tok

Tokalosh

Today I changed my lamps out and I have decided to give the Red Sea Spec T5 lamps a test.

_MG_4282_zpsc07161b4.jpg

I'm well surprised at how very similar they are to what I already had but not nearly as yellow as the original RSM T5 that came with the hood.
They are not to blue either and all my corals seem to pop with color and look a lot more natural.

Tok