ToeSloth's Serenity! RSM 130D

ToeSloth

Helu looked good and beer flowed enough but we still have Grossman to keep us honest! :)

Ok now onto the tank stuff - I ordered another MP10wES should be here by the end of the week. I'm looking forward to anti-sync reefcrest mode! :)

Here are some pictures I took of the float tests I did and the float switch mounted in the back.

c806b820.jpg

618e9d37.jpg

79bd8613.jpg

be9fce87.jpg

ToeSloth

And because I'm so so at the fish and coral parts here is the Seneye installation pictures to show I'm alright at the tech parts!

The Box with inside cover opened
8f49d422.jpg

Unpackaged
274e7814.jpg

The sensor floating in Saltwater - (48 hours)
a47c7e78.jpg

The sensor in the front of the tank for just the setup and the pictures
8ea70e70.jpg

I have to wait for around an hour I believe for the internal battery to charge up and then sometime after that before I see local data and then data as well on the seneye.me site. I have the alerts set and I guess with the chip not installed the light meter and the temp should work. This will give me four different readings at the moment on temp... I think it may be ok if I take one out! :)

Chris

ToeSloth

Placing the slide in for the Seneye tonight after soaking in Saltwater from the tank for the last two days. I think if all is working I should have some readings in about an hour. I will report what I think in a week or so if all goes well.

Best,

Chris

ToeSloth

Thats a lot of snails i was afraid to put that many in my red sea max ....i got about half that amount..

I bought the 130D CuC from reefcleaner and I figured people that know better than me decided what a good amount of snails were. What I would say is that my tank looks a lot cleaner that it did a few weeks ago. I think I remember seeing that these guys really don't have a bio load so I don't think this amount is a problem at all.

Chris

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Ur cool. Most r gunna disappear so u will rarely see em.

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

ToeSloth

Placed the Pod Hotel "drilled 3/4" pipe" into the back with floss in it. Figured I'd let it set up for a week before I sought out some pods to put in it. It's really visible to me though so I'm not sure if I like it atm. I have some money still from my bonus if anyone has a contact that could make me a glass one to put
Chaeto in let me know.

Second mp10wES comes in tomorrow. Gotta read up on the configuration for it still.

gn!

Chris

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.803748,-77.299919

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I had a chaeto holder made by BigJay but I don't think he's around the forum anymore. :(

ToeSloth

Yeah I read that thread - I was just hoping someone else might know a place I could get something similar or someone new that going the same thing. I really think as much as I love my tank the way it is now I may have to add a sump/refugium at some point down the money road! Thanks for the reply! :)

I had a chaeto holder made by BigJay but I don't think he's around the forum anymore. :(

ToeSloth

I have the second MP10w ES up and running. It is set with Random Anti-Sync ReefCrest mode @ 60% on the Master on the left side. I'm loving the crap it found and is blowing around at the moment.

The Seneye is running as well and pumping back good data for analysis. First question I have is I think i read somewhere why this is but...why does my PH go up during the day and down at night? I don't remember the answer. I'm running 8.15 at night and 8.32 during the end of the day (6pm).

The Free ammonia is .001 and the Temp is a steady 79 with a variation of around 3/4 a degree from night to day which I think is pretty good considering.

I haven't played with PAR, LUX and Kelvin yet as I just replaced my bulbs and I it's just not a factor I don't believe at the moment.

Best,

Chris

Last edited:

ToeSloth

Added some frog spawn and acropora frags to the tank late afternoon yesterday. Seems that both started out well but my corals just haven't done that well, maybe its' phosphates since it's the only think I haven't tested for recently and I hear that is very important (today's reading assignments GFO). I will take pictures IF they survive. I just don't want to jinx myself. I added a red fire fish as well, I'm looking for a middle level swimmer and for the first day I think he did well. Again lets see what happened overnight. I don't trust my pistol shrimp! :)

Chris