Todd's RSM 130D SPS Garden

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Re: Its Here, Its Here, Finally Here!!!!

Hah - teeny pic LOL! That wasn't Photobucket was it? If you can figure out how to upload to Photobucket, when looking at your Photobucket gallery of uploaded pictures, click on the bottom choice under the picture - IMG Code. That will automatically copy it, then go to your post and paste in the link, and the picture will show up after you submit the post (or you can see it if posting in advanced mode and choose Preview before submitting).

Photobucket1-1.jpg

I usually resize my large pictures to a max of 1000 by xxx, before uploading, but I'm not even sure that's necessary. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

redseareef

RS Sponsor

Thanks Reefmack,
Here's another try!

Attachments

• DSC01688.jpg
    DSC01688.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 647

redseareef

RS Sponsor

Ok,
I am gonna try it on medium size now!

Attachments

• DSC01694-1.jpg
    DSC01694-1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 640

redseareef

RS Sponsor

OK, I am cookin a little better here now folks. I got the tank set up and am in the process of filtering water.
I got to add the sand and love the spherical size!!!! No cakeing at all with this stuff!!! I have used it before and love it!!!
It's got a great color too. A very light tan/white color! I used it all and have a nice 2-3 inch layer in the tank!
Here's a picture of the new Water level window! I like it! The window works VERY well and the directions give you the optimum line. In between the top two!

Attachments

• DSC01715.jpg
    DSC01715.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 641

redseareef

RS Sponsor

Here's a nice pic of the new hood angle! IT's extremely easy to fetch the pumps out of the Bermuda Rectangle!!!!
Everything is right there! Again, Nice job RedSea! This tank is going to look so simple and clean! I love it!!!!

Attachments

• DSC01724-1.jpg
    DSC01724-1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 639

redseareef

RS Sponsor

Here's the new skimmer neck. It's threaded and was a really great idea. Fine tuning should be a snap! No more pulling on the collection cup with everything you have like some of my previous skimmers! Simply twist the neck up or down via the threads!!!
I will have some better pics of the skimmer in operation tonight:woohoo:

Attachments

• DSC01729-1.jpg
    DSC01729-1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 639

The ONE design flaw of the original RSM is the difference in water level between the display and the back chambers - Causing bad skimming performance and bubbles among other things...

Could you post a picture showing whether or not this problem is still present with the new 130 "de luxe" RSM?

Thanks,
Laurent

redseareef

RS Sponsor

This is the first Max tank I have ever owned! I love the breaker panel! Really cool!

Attachments

• DSC01728-1.jpg
    DSC01728-1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 633

redseareef

RS Sponsor

Hi Laurent,
Last night I had it filled with tap water to test for leaks. In the directions, they specifically tell you to keep the water level between the two top lines on the water level window. That, they stated is optimum for skimming.
I thought that the water level last night was level with the water in the chamber behind the surface skimmer.
Thats a great question and I realize how that could have been a big problem.
I am half full now in the tank with fresh 5 stage RO DI water and salt. I should have it filled the rest of the way by this evening and will certainly let you know.
Is that pump the Hydor pump as well? I wonder if we have the same pumps. If I recall, I thought someone said the Deluxe had a stronger pump???
Thanks

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Those are some definite improvements in the 130D. Wish I had the $ to get the new model. That hood going back all the way sure helps get at the pumps. I used to have to unhook 2 hood pins and wedge a piece of cardboard on one side to hold up the hood fully.

redseareef

RS Sponsor

Reefmack,
I would think RedSea would make a retrofit kit for the hood. That would be smart on their part. Keep everyone happy!!!!
Mine is half full now. I got a nice spot for it! Had alot of cleaning to do before setting it up in the spot I wanted.
Man, I need a Par meter. I am thinking about purchasing one. I hate to do it. I wonder if I could rent one.HMMMMMMMMM
MOOOOOHAAAAAAA MOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAAAA MOOOHAAAA........

Attachments

• Dr Evil.jpg
    Dr Evil.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 467

redseareef

RS Sponsor

Reefmack,
I am getting closer here. Doing chores and paperwork in between filtering water!
Starting to really come along now.

Attachments

• DSC01722-1.jpg
    DSC01722-1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 467

redseareef

RS Sponsor

Here's a picture of my old tank from about 5 years ago! 90 Gallon reef with HArold the Angel. I grew him from a juvenile!!! Loved that guy. he left all my Acropora's alone too! Oh, I almost forgot! 800 watts of light and a 4 foot skimmer!!! Not cheap to run......................LOL:bluenod:

Attachments

• newslettertop2.jpg
    newslettertop2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 468

redseareef

RS Sponsor

yungreefer,
I would like one to measure the output of these bulbs. If I can rent one, it would save me money in purchasing expensive corals that need more light then what is generated by these bulbs.
Lumens is only a measurement of what WE see with our eyes. Not the Zoozanthellae in corals.
It would be nice to know. These bulbs however look very bright. I am new to these types of bulbs, as I have used Metal Halides for most of my corals over the years.
I am curious as to how sps corals will react. I know the RedSea guide states they are ample for SOME sps corals. Not all.
Brightly colored SPS in my experience require ALOT of light.

redseareef

RS Sponsor

Laurent,
Well, it's 9:30 PM and I finally have the tank full and running. This skimmer is EXCELLENT from what I can tell so far. It takes in so much air I had to back the air valve way down. I cannot see through the new water yet to get a good body shot, but looking down through the top door it is VERY impressive indeed.
I can tell right now it will NOT need replacing. It looks to be a very high performance skimmer if that makes any sense.
Now I understand what you are saying. With not sight glass to view the water level it can change on you without noticing and change skimmer performance.
From what I am gathering here you set the water level in the tank with the adjustable skimmer box. Then, look in your window and mark your level. Next, I check out the skimmer foam level and adjust my water in the tank accordingly.
Once you get the level where you want, you check the sightglass again. That then will be my level. Then, I will either add water or find a way to hook up my Tunze Osmolator.
The only way I could see you keeping the water level without the sightglass is to either mark the inside somehow or get a water leveling system(Osmolator) in there!
Once I get it dialed in it should be great! I hope this helps you.
Thanks

redseareef

RS Sponsor

yungreefer,
The bulbs are new to totally new to me. They have a Power Compact look but the diameter of the tube is smaller! They are really bright though and the color is really nice!
I do not HAVE TO HAVE a par meter, but it would be nice to know what they put out. Many people have listed par or mole's of alot of the aquarium bulbs. Unfortunately not these.
So far I am really happy with the system!!! It's really nice and looks fantastic!

redseareef

RS Sponsor

Hi everyone,
My tank has finally cleared up! So far, all air bubbles are gone. The system seems to run a bit warm to me. I have a chiller I can install when I am ready.
Here's a few pictures with the lights on and saltwater and sand in place!
I had bubbles at first, now I have none at all! Not sure how this is going to work out with this big block sponge. I think I would like to just eventually remove it all together?????
The skimmer ROCKS!!!!! I am sooooo happy with the skimmer. It puts out LOADS of air. A serious piece of equipment. Whatever they did to improve it from the original, they did it right!!!
The skimmer picture is just after putting my arm in the tank to clean the inside glass! I am EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE SKIMMER!!!

Attachments

• DSC01739.jpg
    DSC01739.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 451
  • DSC01737.jpg
    DSC01737.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 448