Tim/Val's RSM 250

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Very nice job guys. Definetly no harm in going slow, you will certainly benefit in the long run. And your credit card will thank you too :eek:lsmile:

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
That is unfortunate that Trident is closed on Sundays. I've heard there are a couple of decent stores in Vero if you want too take a day trip.

tvreaves

Hi Greg. I haven't heard of any in Vero yet but I did hear of one in Orlando that is about 50 min. from us called Sea in the City. Are you familiar with that one? I think that may be our first road trip.

tvreaves

I figured I had either a shy or dead yellow watchman goby after not seeing him for 24 hours. I have now found him in the back compartments and have spent the last hour trying to catch him. We are really stressing each other out.

Dweezil

I don't have a 250 but is there any way to put some kind of covering mesh or something in the back to avoid jumping back there?

tvreaves

Tammy, I took a look around and it seems to me that the goby most likely went through the skimmer grate. I'm not seeing an easy fix but maybe Tim will come up with something when he gets home. I'm still concerned that my flame hawkfish will keep the goby in hiding so I am considering trading him in for a larger fish that can handle my flame hawkfish. My hawkfish and maroon clown get along great.

fruit bat

Hi Val, I noticed you keep a Hawkfish and Shrimps, I was under the impression that Hawkfish have a healthy appetite for Shrimp, have you had any problems ?

Chris

tvreaves

Chris, I added the hawkfish after the shrimp and have not had any problems. I was told by my LFS that if I add any new shrimp my hawkfish will likely kill them.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
No problem here either, with my Flame Hawkfish (previous and recent replacement) with my 3 shrimp. I think the best chance of a problem is with very small juvenile shrimp, or the type that never get big, such as the tiny sexy shrimp species.

tvreaves

Tim called and is on his way home...he said he has a contraption in the garage that he may be able to use to suck the goby out...this is going to be an adventure!

Dweezil

You should take pictures of Tim trying to get the goby out. I bet it would be funny....Don't post them if there is trouble though....I'm pulling for you guys!

tvreaves

We were able to get the goby out last night and he seems to be doing well this morning. We ended up taking out the right pump and the skimmer and chasing him around with a long wire and a net. But, as soon as we put him in the tank he swam right up to the skimmer gate and almost got sucked in again. We ended up turning off the skimmer for the night.

The goby is settled in at the bottom of the tank so I have turned the skimmer back on. We'll see! Sorry, no video, we aren't are normal wonderful selves under stressfull situations. Just ask the dog...but Tim did apologize for yelling at him :)