Those silly clowns

lgerold

Hi!

I've read alot of posts lately from folks that want to get an anemone to host their clowns. Or, from folks that want to use a coral to host their clowns.

So, let's start a thread of pictures of clowns and their hosts, especially non-anemone hosts.

Since I thought of this (at least recently) I get to go first.

The tomatos like my alveopora.

clown_and_alveopora.jpg

clown_and_alveopora_2.jpg

I showed you mine, now show my yours!:rolleyes:

lcstorc

I'll have to get a pic of mine in the morning. He is hosting in a scrolling hammer.
Great pics both of you. I would be so freaked out if my clown hosted in my clam. It does look happy though.

KodiakBear

:drooool: Dang, now ya'll are just teasing me 'cause I don't have any clowns yet... :drooool: But someday, they will be mine! Oh yes, they will be mine!:yup:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Those pics are SWEET! Now I am re-thinking the whole "Anenome" idea for my soon to be ordered Nano Cube 12 DX.

Sort of off thread but sort of ON topic.... I have heard that there's no guarantee a clown till take up with an Anemone so is this true for others as well? What's the best alternative to getting a clown/anemone pair? Do I need to have the LFS order them together?

BHinAK

This Lady never even looked at anything else. For 2 weeks she stayed in the mid level open water and wood sleep almost on the surface. Then took up here.

P.S I say Lady because She just this week was introduced to a new little friend. But thats another thread I will start soon.

Attachments

• 100_0155.JPG
    100_0155.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 67

lgerold

Man. Those are beautiful pictures!

JFK, that Gonipora is HUGE! Tell us how you do it!

Matt, I love the markings on your clown. Gorgeous!

goldenmean

I have had my clowns for about 6 months but they do not host in anything - yet.
They flirted with the red open brain but he doesn't stay open at night.
They also flirted with the power head but they seem over that too.

Maybe one day

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
lcstorc is that hammer coral? How long did it take for your clown to "take" to it or did they come together?

goldenmean :lol: you're not right :)

Allen

lcstorc

Yes it is a scrolling hammer. I think it is my favorite piece of all. I have had the clown for a lot longer than the hammer. I used to have a BTA that he hosted in but unfortunately it died. I probably had the hammer a month or so before the clown was seriously hanging out there. He also has some ricordia he hangs out in but the hammer is his nest at night and his hang out for much of the day.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Great pics! clowns are great fish to have. They are full of personality~

Percuala in my goniopora
LeeGoniopora.jpg

Percula pair in a frogspawn
10142006percs.jpg

10142006percs5.jpg

Orange skunk in a haddoni anemone..
20061225cuteskunk.jpg