The Wages of Sin are..........Birth!

Stacef

Wow, this is amazing, sorry they were infertile, it takes a few times doesn't it? Good luck next time!

SubRosa

I'm not really sure why they weren't fertile, but I'm confident there will be more.I don't know how long the period between fertilization and laying the eggs is so it's possible she already had these "in the chamber", so to speak and the mating occurred too late to influence this batch.Time will tell I guess! My real question is how many BAP points I can get from my aquarium club!

John

SubRosa

I'm more of a classical man so I'll try Ravel's Bolero instead!So Dave what's up with your staycation?LMK if you can get out my way!

John

SubRosa

Update! The little horndogs have gone through two more periods of laying eggs and now, finally we have fertile eggs! Total of at least 17 were laid in the last cycle, all of which contained yolks. Three of those were duds and the yolks broke down, but the rest have little baby sharks swimming around inside of them! We've sold a few, but we always keep one displayed in a backlit situation so the little pup is visible. I'll get pics up when I can!

chipmunkofdoom2

Wow, thanks for the bump! If you are able to keep 2 sharks happy and healthy enough to breed, kudos and congratulations! :clink:

Also, WHERE ARE THE PICS?! :D