The Tucker's Red Sea 650

jerry26

If you can find some clear plastic screen, you should be able to get all of the screen frame stuff at any hardware store.

Matt

that is correct. ive rebuilt several frames for my windows. usually comes in like 10' lengths and you cut it to size, slap in the corners, lay your screen, throw in the rubber strip and youre done.

We added a yellow coris wrasse and a lubbocks fairy wrasse a couple of days ago. We haven't seen the fairy wrasse since we put him in. I'm not sure if its normal for them to disappear like that or not. I don't think it jumped out since we have the net top now.

We also added a pompom crab to the nano. Pretty cool crab but stays hidden most of the time.

Matt

Choff

Nice additions. I love my pom pom, but have not seen him in ages. I did just find a molt so he is in there.

As for the top, for those with the stock hoods worried about jumpers go search Nobs thread for his mod. Totally pro.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Nice one, I'm thinking about getting some more wrasses especially as there are some really stunning variants available nowadays. Looking forward to these pictures.

Alan

Choff

I love my mystery wrasse!

I really wanted a fairy wrasse (never was able to narrow down which I wanted so many), but after a lot more reading I decided to pass. I'm going to have to dig it back up now because it was fish #1 on my priority list as I was combing divers den when I was stocking my tank. There was something that spooked me about them.

Nob35

The yellow coris will bury itself until it feels safe in the tank and then it will stay out in the open until lights out. At least that was what my Melanurus and radiant did when I put them in the tank. If the fairy takes after my redhead Solon it will hide for a couple days and slowly make its way out. Now all of my wrasses stay out all day long. I love wrasses but you do need to watch which you put in and when. Mystery, lineatus and exquisite wrasses should be the last added if you are planning on any of these, they get aggressive towards other wrasses if they have already setup their territory.

We bought an acro today. Our first. No idea what it's called. It's purple with yellow polyps. I will take pics tomorrow when the lights come on.

Matt

Ok so this is the best picture I can get of the acro right now. It looked good this morning but is all closed up now. We noticed the bicolor blenny keeps nibbling on it. Is this normal behavior for a blenny?? It also is a bit slimy.
y5anenys.jpg

We also bought 4 sexy shrimp today for the nano. It's becoming the invert tank. No fish at all in the tank so far.

Matt

Choff

My fish always seem to pay attention to new corals. I don't think he is hitting the polyps, but algae or other hh that came aboard. I'd keep an eye though.

Good luck with your 1st acro! I'm still 50/50 with them

Finally saw our Lubbock's wrasse today. Its staying in the rocks but we have seen him a few times today. At least we know he's alive and well.

Matt

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
I had a bicolour in my 130 that bit every purple coral, That fish went back to the Lfs ! IME they are not reef safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I downloaded the Bali beta version of led software from pacific sun. This a program that simulates the par values of Bali. It looks good so far.

These lights really are amazing. The guy that sold them to me was not lying. The truly do simulate metal halides the best I have seen. I sold an eagle eye frag to a guy yesterday that thought they were metal halides until I told him I switched to LEDs. He couldn't believe it either. They give you great shimmer without the colored disco ball effect that the AI and radion fixtures have. In my opinion these LEDs are way ahead of even radion pro. Much cheaper than the pro too.

Matt