The Stony Shallows

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Well it's been 10 days since the initial addition of the Dr. Tim's bacteria and I can now safely say that I am very happy with this product and what it claims. As of yesterday all of my fish from my cube are now in the new tank, while it's only four fish it's still nice to know I was able to get them across safely and quickly! Everyone has settled in, swimming around and most importantly eating again :) No aggression aside from the odd little squabble of reminding who's who. The stock in the tank now sits at:
- Genicanthus bellus
- Ctenochaetus strigosus
- Halichoeres melasmapomus
- Wetmorella nigropinnata
- Lysmata amboinensis

Everybody is still a little shy in the morning but other than that it's like they've always been here :) Along with that all of my zoanthids are in the tank and settled, a few still to open due to the fairly hefty dipping they received before going in. I have a few other pieces of coral in that are opening and happy and one clam is across. Happier than I've seen it in a while too :) All that's left to come across now is my big t. maxima who is going to be quite a task to bring across! lol

All-in-all after having waited 8 months to have a tank with me again I am absolutely over the moon that I have everybody back home with me :) It's really a hobby that fills me with joy!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Well this evening my most beloved non-fish inhabitant was moved into the new tank! :D it took a little while of cleaning off in the cade and then a good acclimatisation with some water spillage that was not my fault! Blasted thing decided to pump out a good jet of water haha

I had to do a bit of a shuffle around to fit her in in a reasonable spot but I think it'll work for the moment :)
From the doorway!

Little clam to the right side to show the size difference lol

This means that everything has now been moved across and the acro's are the only things left to come back into the tank :) Happy days for me though as everything has gone as well as I had hoped for! And hopefully it continues to go that way lol

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
We have diatoms!! :D

I was getting a little worried as the tank had been running with fish for two weeks and I wasn't getting any growth of anything like that then a few days ago some spots started appearing on the glass and now it's in full swing! Things are proceeding as expected lol now just to wait them out :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
The new sump designed by the sump master is going to be a kickass piece of kit too!! This pic is from the back of the sump, left is overflow and skimmer section and to the right of that is return section and pre-return filter socks. Far right is the frag section which is about roughly a third of the sump!!

This is from the front of the sump. The funny reverse looking L-shape section underneath is actually the top-off storage tank! Works out to be about 32L and means I don't have to waste space with a section for it :)

Top down gives you some ideas too, second chamber will be higher flow matrix and low flow super anaerobic matrix will live under the frag racks :)

Tank is doing really well :) Still topping up manually even though the tunze is in the tank and I just need to put the pump in RO :p haha I haven't tested any levels but all the corals are open, growing and colouring up really well! The fish are happy and getting fat too, I'm feeding gouble what I was in the cube to get some better health and happiness from them and also in preparations of having more fish to feed in the tank lol

rostervandross

Hey man primo sump planned there.., I'm just beginning to plan mine myself. it's going to be square so quite a job and multicompartmental like yours but you'll have to check it out soon and advise me.

I was just giving some thought to whether I'd like a hawk fish or several shrimps and thought I'd stop in to ask how you like your current fish and what happened to your newer flame hawkfish?

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I just thought I'd post a little update to say I'm enjoying my holiday in Phu Quoc, Vietnam :D I'm curious to see what the tank looks like after two weeks with my lovely other half feeding and caring for it :) I know it's in safe hands as she's terrified of anything going wrong on her watch :lolspin: poor girl! 5 days here in Vietnam and the rest of the time (two weekends) will be spent in Singapore at home with my family! Looking forward to going back to Singapore aquarium which is AMAZING!!

We're staying at a place called Freedomland and it's a homestay that's really back to nature! Wifi is only in the common area and no AC anywhere! It's a bit hot and sweaty this time of year but it's been unreal being here! The food is absolutely fantastic!! I cannot explain how good it has been, every meal is amazing! The place itself is lovely too! Enjoy some pics ;)

Just your casual breakfast too!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hey man primo sump planned there.., I'm just beginning to plan mine myself. it's going to be square so quite a job and multicompartmental like yours but you'll have to check it out soon and advise me.

I was just giving some thought to whether I'd like a hawk fish or several shrimps and thought I'd stop in to ask how you like your current fish and what happened to your newer flame hawkfish?
Cheers man :) I can't take much credit though as it's the works of the sump master of my LFS lol they're always lots of fun, especially when you get creative with them!

Why not both?`lol I never had any issues with my FH and cleaner together :) Just make sure your cleaner is bigger than your hawks to begin with :) Unfortunately I didn't learn the first time around that when the flame hawks pair they tend to jump out of the tank in courting/mating rituals so if you do get a pair make sure you have a cover!!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Some more food while we were away, pick your own seafood and it was amazing!! :inlove:

I now know how you prepare giant clams to eat as well... :facepalm:

Another breakfast, all fresh and cooked to order by the wonderful chefs! Vietnamese coffee is my new favourite thing too!! Just glorious!!

I have to say that Freedomland, Phu Quoc is one of the best and most memorable holidays I've been on! The staff were absolutely wonderful and like a family after just a few days. If anyone is off to Vietnam and looking for something a little different, I could not recommend going to Freedomland more!! :)
The front deck of out little bungalow:

Outdoor shower looking into the jungle was sensational!

Of course I'm back in Singapore now which is why I'm back on the online world too haha been a bloody good weekend so far! More food than you can poke a stick at as well :crazy1: I also went to my favourite place! The S.E.A Sinapore aquarium but that's coming in another update ;)
Here's last nights artery clogging, fat producing, heavy and rich as anything, Swedish Raclete dinner!! It's just melted cheese with everything and good wine!
Cheese platter to start:

Wall to wall cheese and the little kitchen

Then the main event! A biga*s wedge of cheese to melt and smother everything else in :eek1:

Needless to say I nearly exploded but it was outstanding and would recommend it to anyone!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Well I know I said I'd do the update at the beginning of the week buuutttt I got busy so it got put off but Friday is always a good day to sit down especially since I work the weekends lol. Alright enough waffling!
S.E.A Aquarium is one of the best I've ever ben too, it certainly shits all over Melbourne haha it has some of the best variety, diversity and well looked after and loved tanks I've seen! They're all phenomenal :)

The aquarium starts with a big ole' moray and anthias tank with a big tang tank right next door. The tangs are some of the best unicorns I've seen! lol ugly mofo's though..

Someone liked the kenya tree too lol he didn't move!

From here we move on to my favourite tank!! The hard coral, anthias tank :D It contains some of the absolute best coloured anthias and healthiest fish I've ever seen around and they have the feeding regiment to match why everything in the tank is so amazing! From the tank manager himself when I sent them an email about the feedings:
"We feed our animals with fairly good variety of fresh seafood.
Feeds include:
Cyclopes
Red plankton
Mysis
Krills
Flakes"

The purple queens are oh-so-amazing and it just makes me love them so much more every time I see the tank!!

It's a pretty kickass tank!

From there we move on to a nice soft coral tank that was hiding a surprise that I waited 15mins to get a decent picture of!??

A gorgeous little Clarion :D

Right next to that is a cracking NPS tank that was hiding an even better surprise that I couldn't get a pic of :( It was a stunning Candy Basslet! The sun croals were amazing though!

Some nice RBTA's in another tank

There were also some crazy awesome tube nems in some of the various tanks too

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Their inverts were almost as cool as some of the fish they had!

There were half a dozen of these groovers in one tank lol

I think this is my second favourite tank! lol bet you can't guess why though...

Last but not least their selection of jellyfish tanks were pretty stunning too??

There are other tanks and an AMAZINGLY large open ocean tank but the pics from those were shit so I'm not sharing them as they didn't turn out all that great and they're blurry ol but that's what I've got for the amazing Singpore aquarium lol

Hope you all enjoy :)