The Stony Shallows

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
First of let me start by saying, never under-appreciate your sumps!! I am over joyed having one back online! lol
I finally have it running, the weir set, big skimmer running, frag tank cranking, ato going and my media in the sump and the tank feels AT LEAST a 1/3 bigger lol. I just love the nearly completed look now!

It's also peace of mind knowing that what goes in is definitely coming back out now! lol just two days worth:

The tank looks like a mess but the sump, big skimmer and my two strombus and army of invisible snails are seeing to that with good speed lol

Looks pretty bare with no anything in there lol zoa garden is in the works and acro's will fill it nicely! Speaking of acro's my tester frags are loving life to the max! lol PE errywhere!

AAANNNNNDDDDDD the bit I've been waiting years for is the FRAG SECTION holy crap it makes life easier and it's going to be pumping very soon! lol

No messy frag racks in the DT anymore

And I can play and tinker till my heart is content!!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Well aside from me loving the tank and sump, we also have another little admirer who just sits and stares into the frag tank :p

I'm going to be getting a couple of colourful little fish for Piggles to enjoy :)

I also finally got the full 10L of matrix washed and into the sump :hammer: lol

Things are coming along nicely but the zoa's are loving it! Wait till I post those pics lol

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I got the camera out last night to take some photo's of my zoa's again because as we all know I love them! lol I think the pics turned out pretty nicely if I do say so myself lol
The Sunny D's are going crazy lol they have no where left on the plug to grow any more! The need a bit of a haircut

I still think that one of the nicest and more simple zoa's are the Flaming Suns from EAA! Just a solid combination of colours and nothing overly fancy about them!

Some of the misc frags I have around the tank, each as lovely as the next :)

It's almost impossible to show and describe how bright these are and just how much they GLOW in the tank!! Easily th nicest pink I've ever come across!!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Ran some tests and the tank is currently sitting fairly low but I haven't been dosing anything of late so I'm not overly worried. Dosing starts now though so things are nice and stable for the return of the acro's lol
Alk: 5.4dKH
Mg: 1050ppm
Ca: 260ppm

anarchy

I know what you mean about enjoying a sump. Since I cracked my 180 all of my stuff has been in a 55 sitting on the ground. Thats changing very soon though

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I just wanted to say a very large and serious thank you to a friend for looking after my babies for me and also all of the amazing frags that he's given me. It really was an awesome day getting a box of goodies from him :) Before things got mounted:

And now a couple of quick pictures for everyone :) I'm really pleased with how the tank is running and especially with the youth of the tank and how things are being done a little differently than what I've done in the past lol.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
A few weeks ago some very exciting goodies got purchased!! Not only did I get to pick up the fish I've had on hold for nearly 2 months now but I also got to pick the other fish from my list that I've been waiting 3yrs for :D
The first little guy I got to to cross off my list that I'm absolutely in love with is my liopropoma susumi!! These guys are nice and cryptic like the possum wrasses I want to add and make for a nice contrast to the out and about wrasse :) My little Susy has taken up residence next the clam under it's mantle :) not a great photo but in the bag before going in.

But that's not all... I picked up one of THE COOLEST fairy wrasse there is and the one I've been holding for some time!
Now for the equal best bit! lol the one everyone has been waiting for, the one I've been eluding too but not making any mentions of exact details. I've been very cautious about it because it has cost me an arm, leg and my liver.. I wanted to make sure that things went well when he went into the tank :) And I'm happy to say he's one of the quickest settling fish I've ever had lol starting smashing pellets within hours even though the longfin was picking on him to let him know who's boss! All aggression is now sorted and everyone is happy :D
May I present to you all my absolutely amazing cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis (Golden Rhomboid Wrasse)

Funnily enough, this isn't the wrasse I've had on hold for the last little while lol I got in on Friday morning and low and behold there was another one in the stock tanks!! He was half the size of the other guy and a quarter of the colouration as he'd only come in the night before and so he was a little pale and still is a little pale as well but given a month or two he will be even more colourful :D

I'm happy to report that everyone is happy and settled and my wrasse tank is looking very nice lol
My sweetie earmuff is still going strong too!

And while he's a bit of a ***** to the carpenters sometimes the longfin is still one pretty fish!

They're all greedy little pigs too! lol

anarchy

Tank is looking stunning. And you're getting quite the collection of fish

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Tank is looking stunning. And you're getting quite the collection of fish

Thanks man :) I'm really happy with where it's at for 4 months old :)
The collection still has some growing to do with some unique and rare beauties I still want to add! lol I'd LOVE to get a c. claire but at $3k I won't be doing that haha\

Cheers matey :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Just some fish brainstorming for my own future benefit and those interest
smile.gif

As it stands my current stock sits at 5 fish, 4 of which are wrasse lol:
- Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis (Golden Rhomboid Wrasse)
- Halichoeres melasmapomus (Ear Muff Wrasse)
- Paracheilinus carpenteri (Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse)
- Cirrhilabrus rubriventralis (Longfin Fairy Wrasse)
- Liopropoma susumi (Pinstripe Basslet)

Everyone gets along and they certainly eat plenty of food lol. The current plans that are going to take me some time and a lot of money to get are the following fish:
- A harem of macropharyngodon vivienae, leopard wrasse, if they are allowed to be imported and aren't going to cost thousands lol. One of my dream fish!
- A pair of wetmorella albofasciata (White Stripped Possum Wrasse)
- Chaetodon burgessi/declivis because I HAVE to have a roaps butterfly in the tank!
biggrin.gif

That leaves me with 11/12 active and hungry in the tank
smile.gif
it'll give plenty of movement and lots of fun but as most are small fish I'm not worries about overstocking and aggression won't be too much of an issue as everyone is peaceful. Should make for a very pretty tank! Lol

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hey Dom, got my own plans for Roaps as well. Will be sharing soon, but not yet :p
If you get a Mitratus or Tinkeri I will be very upset :( haha
One genus I would adore to get is Prognathodes sp. :D they're the ugly ducklings but Japanese deepwater butterflies are a big fancy for me lol maybe one day when I'm rich and famous :p

anarchy

If you get a Mitratus or Tinkeri I will be very upset :( haha
One genus I would adore to get is Prognathodes sp. :D they're the ugly ducklings but Japanese deepwater butterflies are a big fancy for me lol maybe one day when I'm rich and famous :p
Lol I thought about this post while I was at the lfs picking up my naso. They had a beauty of a tinkeri in along with some odd colored aussie "copperband" lookalike. Cant remember name but had less stripes. Nice looking gem tang also

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Lol I thought about this post while I was at the lfs picking up my naso. They had a beauty of a tinkeri in along with some odd colored aussie "copperband" lookalike. Cant remember name but had less stripes. Nice looking gem tang also

Marginal butterfly probably :) I'm super jealous of how easy you guys can get roaps :(

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Well I went round and visited the lovely Andrew yesterday and came back with a little more than I was expecting, 3 styro boxes filled with all my babies :D What a glorious day it was and now I have shitloads of work ahead of me to try and place everything happily lol

As you can see the tank is nearly filled already and we haven't even hit the 6 month mark haha. It is really nice to have all my babies back again and I'll hopefully be getting another fish of my list in the coming month too :D A. lennardi!!!

Today was water change and testing day :) Got a lovely 25% or 75L water change as I've been a little lazy of late lol

anarchy

Marginal butterfly probably :) I'm super jealous of how easy you guys can get roaps :(
Yep I believe that was the one I was thinking of. That lfs brings in lots of high end fish. Your tanks looking amazing. When you get some time pop over to the new build and let me know what you think of the aquascape

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Yep I believe that was the one I was thinking of. That lfs brings in lots of high end fish. Your tanks looking amazing. When you get some time pop over to the new build and let me know what you think of the aquascape

Thanks for the compliment mate! I'll head over to your thread now ;)