The Bluespot Club

lcstorc

Sorry Blake, I meant to respond but forgot.
Sunshine and Moonshine are very different. Sunshine is bright yellow and much larger which Moonshine is darker and smaller. I have no idea if either is male or female but I would be willing to bet that at least one is a female. They still don't socialize at all but haven't killed each other yet. Moonshine keeps creeping closer and closer to Sunshine's corner so who knows what may happen.
I would think a 120 would be big enough since I thought my 90 was and so far have gotten away with it. For the longest time though they were on exact oposite places in the tank where they really couldn't even see each other.
I would have a plan B in case it does get nasty.

SeahorseBT

Thanks for he response Lynn, I am so torn. I think that if things get nasty, because they will both be new to the tank, I should be able to catch them and move one to the seahorse tank. I would love to have two but I don't want to lose one.

BarbMazz

Blake, that's how I'm feeling about even getting ONE new one....I'm afraid about introducing one into my already established gang. I'm very torn; I just love these fish, but I sure don't want to have one go through what Bam Bam did.

SeahorseBT

Why are you concerned Barb? Do you think something might pick on it? I thought Bam Bam got his tail shredded in the overflow.

BarbMazz

No, not in the overflow..he was okay when I got him out of there. Something happened to him overnight after I rescued him. I don't know if something in the tank got him, or what. Or if something nipped him and then an infection set in. Then I wonder if the reason he started jumping was because something was hunting him. I have TBS rock and I know there are things in there I don't even know about.

bluespotjawfish

The stress from the overflow could have made him more susceptable to a bacterial infection that he would have normally been able to fight off.

The Misses moved holes when her tail was damaged as well.

I still have at least one gorilla crab from TB rock I got in 2006. I don't think I have any more in the 125, but somehow this guy has survived moving into my 50 gallon tank, then the 55, and now the 65. Why I haven't killed him yet is beyond me.

bluespotjawfish

:tennis:

I think BJ and the Misses want to play today. Wish I could stay home with them! But, since they like to eat and have clean water once in a while, I'd better go to work instead.

Have a great Bluespot Day! :bluenod:

BarbMazz

Really!! When is this going to happen, Lorraine! Are you excited, or is this a forced move?

I'm trying to get up the nerve to buy a new blue spot; I'm still feeling terrible about Bam Bam... I was evidently very, very attached to him.

bluespotjawfish

The project starts the end of this month. Oh my! Not really a forced move, other than I don't have much work here. This is a 3 year work assignment.

Barb, I know how you feel. I wouldn't have a Bluespot right now if it wasn't for Scott setting BJ on my doorstep! I had given up. I think it was good to rest my tank for a bit. I hate to move them. But, if I bought a new one after the move, I would have to ship it too, so why not just take these two.

I think I will have the ability to keep them here until I get a tank established in a new place. However, I won't be home much to tend them so their care will be up to the family.

lcstorc

good luck on the move. I am sure they will be just fine and love their new digs.
My lfs had 3 the blues the other day. I must have spent an hour watching them. I never get tired of watching these guys play.

bluespotjawfish

My tanks are all marked up getting ready for my tank open house tomorrow. It's going to be just like walking into a really cool lfs. There is a big marker on BJ and The Misses - Not For Sale!

I really don't know how I will like Texas, but it's a change and I need one bad.

bluespotjawfish

So you guys don't think it is a bad thing to try and ship these two? I have a ton of people locally who would buy them in a heartbeat. I just was thinking that to replace them I would have to ship them and then worry about the new guys anyway. Do you agree?

sabeypets

Lorraine, you know how hard it is to get one healthy bluespot (and you have two that are a pair!). If it were me I would take them with me. But if you don't take them I would love to have them!

bluespotjawfish

Well the fact that you have your's breeding for you is awesome!

Share your secrets!

Maybe you can populate Utah with some healthy BSJF and I will take on Texas!

lcstorc

I think it is a risk either way but you are much more likely to take special care in their transport than a LFS would. It really would be a tough decision but I don't know if I could give Sunshine and Moonshine to anybody else and get new blues. Plus you have the comptability issue. Mine are just now starting to move closer. They still have about 2.5 feet between them but that is an improvement that I hope means babies one day.
I am super excited about your spawn sabey. Tell us a bit about your bluespot story. How did you pair them up? How long have you had them? what kind of tank and what else is in the tank? What do you feed them?
Basically everything. :)