The Bluespot Club

bluespotjawfish

Anselth I just realized I hadn't added you and Hadrian as members! Sorry about that. I sure miss Scott! He kept me out of trouble. Of course we do need some pics!

Lynn - When is the tank changeover? I don't think this little guy means to get into any trouble. He is a good teenager and if I had warned him not to do that, he wouldn't have :turntable :dryer: :angel4:

Glad to hear he's back in his home and eating Lorraine. Like I said before and someone said to me ... it's not nice for lil' BJ to scare mama like that. :)

lcstorc

I'm still waiting on the new stand. Frank is getting really aggrivated with the LFS. I was there again yesterday and I don't think he had even ordered it yet. He was still trying to argue with Oceanic about having to buy the stand and get credit. I even offered to pay for it and have him reinburse me and he didn't want that. It is very aggrivating.
The good part is my blue is there and waiting for me with a sold marking on his cube. He has a bit of sand and a tight cover and still looks fat and happy. I was hoping the fish might push him on the stand since I haven't paid for it yet.

lcstorc

I know. It is a family business and I am there at least once a week. I am really disappointed with how they have handled this. It is my favorite LFS and I have never had a problem with them before. They have gotten enough of my money to more than pay for the stand just out of profits. I think Frank is going to go up there today. He says I am too nice to them and I know he is right.

Techno-Vicki

...I think Frank is going to go up there today. He says I am too nice to them and I know he is right.

I am the same way, but with Jack around, it always gets taken care of.

This morning when I was checking on my tank and feeding the fish, an evil crab showed his evil face! He is about 3 inches and in a hole right above Digger's first hole!! While I was feeding, Digger was going up for a bite, and the crab came out right at Digger. Had to wake Jack up to get him to try to get the crab. He won't come out now (the crab that is). I am not a happy camper, and I am leaving at 1:00. I hope to catch him before I leave....time will tell.

Bug Jack everyone about getting the crab while I am gone!!!

bluespotjawfish

Shrimp on a stick will get them to come out, then get another skewer and stab it to death (if you can get the skewer where it needs to be)! If you can get them into a rock and you know which rock, I'd take the rock out and work on the rock until it is out of there (club soda poured in the hole).

My Bluespots have been injured by crabs (not the little hermits, but the hairy gorillas)! This is serious!

Oh Jack!!!!!!:java:

Techno-Vicki

Shrimp on a stick will get them to come out, then get another skewer and stab it to death (if you can get the skewer where it needs to be)! If you can get them into a rock and you know which rock, I'd take the rock out and work on the rock until it is out of there (club soda poured in the hole).

My Bluespots have been injured by crabs (not the little hermits, but the hairy gorillas)! This is serious!

Oh Jack!!!!!!:java:
Good thinking! I will go to the store and get the shrimp and skewers. Yes, that will do the trick!! Thanks a bunch Lorraine.:snshne:

Anselth

Lorraine, no worries, I didn't even realize there was a list there :)

Vicki, hope you catch the crab. Everything looking ok since the incident with the cold pack?

Lynn, That really must be aggravating. Hope it all gets sorted out soon!

bluespotjawfish

On the plus side, my jewel mandarin is doing awesome and has fattened up nicely. He also got some new friends today - a mated pair of percs, a green mandarin (don't worry, my pods are out of control), and a bluespot jawfish. Also got a new maxima, some small superman mushrooms, and a small frag of devils armor zoanthids. All came from Reef Hot Spot (I left vendor priase in that forum), and all are doing excellent right out of the gate and eating. The bluespot found a home in the very back where I can't see him though. Grrr. But dang is he pretty!

rmlevasseur's new kid slipped in under the radar today! Congrats Robert!

lcstorc

Well if it is big enough to eat then that is a different story. :)

Back to the blues.

Sunshine does something that I don't hear others talking about so I figured I would mention it.
Instead of havin one or more separate dens, she has a whole network. She spends much of the day going in one place and popping up another. Sometimes she backs in and sometimes she dives in head first.
It is really kind of fun since I get to guess where she will pop up next. She also doesn't cover the burrow at night like my previous blue did.
Anybody else have a blue that acts like this? She eats like a pig and has done this since the beginning so I don't think it is a problem. Just odd.