The Bluespot Club

lcstorc

Don't be afraid to give him large pieces. Sunshine uses pieces bigger than she is. Frag plugs are common building material.

I was just over watching Sunshine and she did something very strange that I have not seen before. Of course I didn't have the camera ready.
She opened her mouth really large like a yawn and then kind of puffed out these areas behind the mouth. Kind of like baloons behind the jaw.
Has anybody ever seen this? Now I am debating if she is a she or a him. There would certainly be enough room in those pouch things for babies.
Never seen it before.

You know Lynn, Tuck does that too. He opens his mouth like he's going to yawn, and while yawning he flutters out those gills of his. Of course, I say him and gave him a boys name. You know it just seems like he IS a HE. lol

And as for the rock, yeah, he has little pieces thru larger pieces, it's really hillarious watching him take on the bigger pieces and get them arranged like he wants ...

SeahorseBT

Wierd. BR used to open wide and blow air at the fish that got too close.

Brian at TB aquatics told me that they are having bad weather so shipping will be wed. for thurs. Oh well. He will be here bright and early thurs. Morning!

lcstorc

This was more like she had baloons behind her mouth.
Maybe it was just his gills and I saw it wrong. I guess I need to watch more ( :) ) and see if she does it again.

bluespotjawfish

Lynn, she is probably just cleaning out her gills.

Seahorse, better to get there late, than have problems with weather and chance it.

Tuck, we want a video...

tbaquatics

RS Sponsor
Wierd. BR used to open wide and blow air at the fish that got too close.

Brian at TB aquatics told me that they are having bad weather so shipping will be wed. for thurs. Oh well. He will be here bright and early thurs. Morning!

I look forward to following his journey. Figure since it is a 100 here it would be better to wait rather than boil the little bugger. Boy is he a pig though...eats like a horse...

Out of curiosity, anyone ever shipped one of these with something like a small pipe or tube to make them feel more at home. I haven't in the past, but wondering if anyone has. I heard that when they are collected, they are shipped in some kind of sock, but I cannot get more info.

lcstorc

I've never done it but I know that is the way my LFS gets their pearly jawfish. It is a couple of inches of PVC with both ends covered by some mesh that was rubberbanded on. The blues didn't come in that way though.
I can't wait to see the new pics of the new blue. :)

SeahorseBT

I look forward to following his journey. Figure since it is a 100 here it would be better to wait rather than boil the little bugger. Boy is he a pig though...eats like a horse...

Out of curiosity, anyone ever shipped one of these with something like a small pipe or tube to make them feel more at home. I haven't in the past, but wondering if anyone has. I heard that when they are collected, they are shipped in some kind of sock, but I cannot get more info.

Are you going to ship him with a cooling pack? I think that would be best, it is supposed to be in the low 80's, but that is in the afternoon. Maybe it will be cooler in the morning.

tbaquatics

RS Sponsor
He's on his way...triple bagged. He was surprisingly easy to pack. Very cooperative. More like a trained dog than a fish. Unlike when he arrived here and did a dolphin triple flip 3 feet in the air and back in the bucket....

lcstorc

He's on his way...triple bagged. He was surprisingly easy to pack. Very cooperative. More like a trained dog than a fish. Unlike when he arrived here and did a dolphin triple flip 3 feet in the air and back in the bucket....

That would have made awesome video.

Can't wait to see the new baby.

Sounds like he is going to be a fat happy blue.

Ooooo, I'm gettin' all giddy like a little school girl! Can't wait to see him or her, whichever I'm sure he/she will be BEEEAAAUUUTTTTIIFFFUULLLL! :)