The Bluespot Club

I am absolutely hooked on this little guy! He's got such personality, he's by far one of my most favorite fish I've ever owned and I would spend the cash all over again to get another (bigger tank of course <heh>)

lcstorc

They are soo much fun. I just walked by the tank and was there for 1/2 hour watching Sunshine just because she is so fun.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I'm a little miffed at Spotty right now. He has decided to burrow under one of my maxima clams and blow the sand on top of the other clam. The one that got buried released its byssal attachment and the other one is laying up against the glass. I can't move the one up against the glass because Spotty is using its base as a roof. I'm waiting for him to move to another site so I can fill in the hole and upright the clam. I'm at a loss for what to do. Disrupt Spotty or save the clam? Ugh!

lcstorc

I would save the clam. I am sure Spotty will quickly move into one of his other homes.
I know Sunshine has about 6 or 7 and moves from one to the other frequently. In fact, many are connected so he will go in one hole and come out another. We often play the game of where will Sunshine appear next.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I'm just afraid that he is going to get all flustered and have an encounter with my very sticky flower anemone.

lcstorc

Well you don't want him to run into the nem. Can you put a strawberry basket over the nem until Spotty settles on a new home?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Well, it's been like this for a couple of hours. Spotty is just sitting in the big depression he dug. He usually moves under the cover of night, so I expect him to find another place by morning. Presently, he doesn't seem phased and is waiting for dinner! The clam that I removed from Spotty's new build has been moved to the other side of the tank. The clam on the disk is just to the right of this picture.

DSC_0005_1-3.jpg

lcstorc

Not me.
AnotherLousy1 named Tuck today.
I am still debating. I don't want to risk Sunshine. I am very torn about getting a second. From what I understand I will be ok unless I get 2 males. I am still trying to find a way to tell the males from the females. Sunshine is just too special to risk even if the odds are in my favor. I read something the other day about telling the males from the females but now I can't find it. Not sure I should trust the one source anyway. I would be happier hearing it from multiple places.

SeahorseBT

I haerd males have bigger heads and a darker mask around the eyes. How much were those BSJF down there by you? Olivertoo(Debbie) is looking for another one too.

bluespotjawfish

I forgot to attach a few photos I took last night. BJ loves his neighbor corals and they love him.

Attachments

• P1070333_edited_sm.JPG
    P1070333_edited_sm.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 22
  • P1070355_edited_sm.JPG
    P1070355_edited_sm.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 23

lcstorc

I got lazy and didn't ask.
I'll go either tonight or tomorrow. Sorry. I thought the search was over.