The Bluespot Club

BarbMazz

I have been thinking of adding a BSJF and joining the club again. I know all of you will frown on my tank being open but I have been having good success with no fish jumping including a very skidish fire fish. Any thoughts? who sells the best quality? I am more interested in quality then cost.

I would say the best quality, plus guarantee would be Drs Foster/Smith's Diver's Den. There was one there last night.

That said, these fish make it their JOB to jump. Like, literally! Even with tops they will jump and jump and be bonking their heads and make multiple trips into overflows and down into sumps. These fish manage to jump through the small openings in egg crate and the tiniest forgotten about cracks that some unfortunate reefers have left in their coverings. I'm sure some people will jump in here with their stories.

I could almost guarantee a blue spot would jump from an open top tank.

lcstorc

I'm with Barb on the jumping fear. Mine have attempted floor surfing many times even with the tank covered as near to completely as I can.

bluespotjawfish

Frankie you are crazy! You know better than to even try it.

Barb - Of course you can be a member! We love yoU!

BJ and the Misses are both eating well. BJ keeps stealing the Misses den. I think the Misses has eggs again. The keep moving around the tank and I don't think they like the sand I used very well. But overall I think they handled the move extremely well. I left most of my rubble in Utah, but have a whole bag of puka shells, so I am adding that a bit at a time. Also, many of my crabs didn't make it so there are extra shells in there from them too.

BarbMazz

Wow! Eggs even though she just moved!? What a crazy woman that Misses is! I'm so glad they're both doing well.

Thanks for letting me be a member :D Beeker can be the red-headed step child of the bsjf club! lol

I love you too!

bluespotjawfish

It is kinda like a pillow fight. BJ sure loves the extra room. He has been nonstop flashing since the lights came on 2 hours ago. I think today is the day they will exchange eggs. But, what do I know.

bluespotjawfish

The show continues...

P1130177_Misses_Eggs_Acans.jpg

P1130173-BJFlash_Misses.jpg

bluespotjawfish

He went absolutely crazy this morning. I watched him dart in and out of his den from the time the lights came on until the lights went out. They seem to have settled down again, no more flashing for now. She still has the eggs.

Basser1

Hey Gang! Well, I have some terrible news. I woke up this morning and found Digger lying on the bottom of the tank. :cry1: Plus I also lost a yellow assessor as well.

What makse all of this even worse than it is, that it was my fault and should have been avoided. I was doing some work in my tank last night and had tuned off my pumps. Apparently I forgot I turned them off and didn't realize it until I got up this morning, I feel awful. The only fish that survived was my pair of Picasso clownfish.

My 2 year old grandson was over just last night and he was laughing at Diggers' antics. He said he was funny Pa-Paw. This fish was a joy and provide a lot of enjoyment.

Now that I've had the pleasure of owning a bluespot, rest assured I plan on getting another one.

Take Care

sneaks03

Sorry to hear about your loss Basser1! The BSJF is simply beautiful, i am definitely getting one once I have more experience under my belt.

bluespotjawfish

Sorry to hear about Digger (and your other fish).

Sneaks, looking forward to you joining the club when you are ready. Lots of reading ahead of you...

sneaks03

Sorry to hear about Digger (and your other fish).

Sneaks, looking forward to you joining the club when you are ready. Lots of reading ahead of you...

Looking forward to joining. Trust me I have already started research on this guy, and seeing as they are not cheap by any means I want to make sure I have the saltwater hobby down. Until then I will follow this post wishing I had one.

vnreef

I can join the Club now :eek:lsmile:. I have had mine for over a month and he is still doing great & heathy.

DSC05615.jpg

Basser1

Man my LFS got one of these guys in today. Wish i had the money and experience for one...:waa:

Well there's only one way to get that experience!

My LFS called me and said he was getting in 4 or 6 bluespots in today. So I'll be on my way to see what he has.