The 20L Office tank

PIMPALA

Got a build thread for two of my other tanks, might as well add this one, and keep track of progress, and growth.

Equipment:

20L Standard tank
Skilter
Aquatic life HQI 15k
30lbs sand
15lbs Live rock

Had 2 Koralia nanos, but swapped them for one #3. flows much better, on the opposite end of the skilter.

Fish:

B/W clown
Chromis
Diamond Goby
small CUC

DSC02291.jpg

DSC02306.jpg

DSC02293.jpg

DSC02297.jpg

DSC02292.jpg

DSC02295.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

DSC02298.jpg

DSC02313.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo6.jpg

the elegance and the flame scallop both died recently... but everything else is pretty much the same.

PIMPALA

Cool tank. Love the flame scallop you have in there. Great job. Shaun

Thanks Shaun. I wished it had lived longer. It was at the LFS for about 2 months, then in my tank for a little over 3 months. From the reading I did on them, its likely that it was harvested at half or full maturity, and would normally only live a year or so anyway for a full life cycle. Sucks... but thats part of the game. I liked watching it, and would buy another one.

PIMPALA

here is a shot from when it was cycling:

new.png

and here is a shot from just now. you can also see my "wall art" behind it for kospaintball. Its a modified version of Quentin Terrantino's old logo taken from reservoir dogs. Its one of our company logos. We removed the guns from their hands, and took off all the hair (because we are all bald, lol)

100510.jpg

PIMPALA

Ok... so change in plans.

Fish went into our other tanks. Corals too. 3 pieces of LR, and a bunch of sand are still in there.

photo1-2.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

to make room... for this guy:

photo4-2.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

Or this "girl" I guess. shes looks to be a little over 6" long, and shes a thumper.

Shes making a wicked mess in the tank right now, and kicking up a huge dust storm all over the tank! Hopefully by the time we come in tommorow it will be settled, and she will be in her borrow, so we can start the feedings. (got snails, and krill... but some live shrimps and crabs will be her gourmet buffet once a week or so)

:)

PIMPALA

Thanks!

Here are a couple of vids of her eating this morning: (just click on them to watch)

EDIT: Just remembered that I have music on in the first video, and it has a couple of curse words in it. So if you are at work, or have kids around, then hit MUTE before you watch. lol