The 180gal Family Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkipigtails

Thanks, JoJo.

Varga: I know it's easy to patch, the problem is that it's a load bearing wall. We don't have any construction friends to help and Tommy doesn't want to do it without someone there who knows what they're doing. Unfortunately, in our area, the garage gets up into the triple digits just before spring so we'd have to do some major renovations before it would be worth putting everything in there. But, yeah, the sump can hold all the extra water. In fact, I already marked the water lines when everything is off so we know exactly how far we can fill it up.

We're trying to do it right the first time Al! We definately don't want any unforseen disasters. But the good news is that our insurance company said that the tank is covered the same as a home appliance so if anything gets damaged in our house due to a flood from the tank or the tank gets damaged because of a faulty pump or the inhabatants get electrocuted (we're getting a ground probe anyway), then it's all covered.

nikkipigtails

Thanks, Craig. I can't remember what the deductable is and I'm pretty sure that Tommy didn't ask when he asked our agent. I do lnow, however that we would get paid new replacement value on everything which is pretty cool since we bought everything used except for our lights.

kathywithbirds

We're trying to do it right the first time Al! We definately don't want any unforseen disasters. But the good news is that our insurance company said that the tank is covered the same as a home appliance so if anything gets damaged in our house due to a flood from the tank or the tank gets damaged because of a faulty pump or the inhabatants get electrocuted (we're getting a ground probe anyway), then it's all covered.

Now that is thinkin' ahead. I'm going to check and see if our renters insurance does the same.

nikkipigtails

took me 2 and a half hours but I rinsed out 150# of sand for the tank. I think we're going to get the rest at the beach. I've always lived on sugar white sanded beaches so if the sand is any color but white, it looks dirty. I don't want to look at my tank and think it's dirty.

nikkipigtails

It was a pain in my butt! But, it's finally done. Rock's going in Friday, hopefully, then the sand and then the cycle!!!

nikkipigtails

Tommy was on call last weekend and he was gone for the majority of it, so no rock, but we have bones.
This is the tank system we bought before the guy took it down. We had to switch the location of the utility closet and we're not putting the shelves on top because his ceilings were higher than ours but ours are vaulted so it would look really strange. We're also closing in the cabinet under the smaller tank because that's where our chiller will have to go.
So, here's before:
2lag9dh.jpg

And here's the bones: (We had the atenics on so the pics's not so great.)
1zexo3c.jpg

Tommy's got to do some electrical work. We got 2 new breakers and a bunch of new plug-ins to hang in the electrical closet. Our MH can't even get up to full brightness before the circuit breaker is tripped. We've still got to put the back support piece along the top, put the back in the closet, put the facia on the front, hang the doors, hang trim and stain it all. I started making water today so as soon as I finish making the water, the rock's going in.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Great update!

Yeah get the wiring done! I came home Monday and found that the breaker for the tank area had kicked! Too much came on at one time... I'm redoing some things tonight!

GREAT UPDATE!! :)

lcstorc

Progress looks good.
Be careful about putting the chiller in a cabinet. You need to be sure to have a lot of airflow around it since it produces very hot air. We found our electric bill going up not only from the chiller itself but for the extra AC we had to use to cool the house. Now it is in the garage.

nikkipigtails

Thanks guys. The back of the cabinet under the little tank and the back of each canopy is going to remain open so we can put a fans in there if we need to. We also have an air conditioning vent to the right of the tank that's aimed at the top of the tank and a vaulted ceiling with a ceiling fan. Hopefully we'll have enough air flow but if not, we've made provisions for fans inside the cabinet.

JoJo

:clink: whoa, that things is going to be gorgeous!!! cant wait for it to be finished. good job yall

tbittner

Everything looks great! How high are the lights from the surface of the water? They look pretty high. I don't think it matters too much since you have good lights though. Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.