TB's 67g custom project

Newt

:hallo: Just thought I'd start tagging along on this thread. Your setup looks amazing so far, everything is so tidy. I'm sure that is going to be an awesome reef. Quite a project, keep up the great work.

Maxx

I know what you mean about hating the plumbing...it gets old after awhile. Whats with all the paper tape around your joints and fittings?

Nick

Tigahboy

thanks for all the comments!

Maxx - I get really sloppy w/ the pvc glue, and the tape is to keep the pipes somewhat clean. haha.

Here's a side view of the plumbing. I got all of it to fit w/in 11.5" behind the tank.
om7.jpg

Tigahboy

I fired up the OM Super Squirt today w/ water. No leaks! yay! haha. what a relief!

Now I just need to plumb the section of pipes from return pump to the display. Then I'll be officially done since I pvc cemented everything else.

Tigahboy

thanks, corvette!

I pretty much finished pvc cementing all the plumbing now. *phew* I just need some pumps and then I'm good to go. here's some pics:

pvc0417a.jpg

pvc0417b.jpg

pvc0417c.jpg

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Wowzers!!!! I love your set up! Excellent job~~ I wish i had a propagation tank plumbed in with the main....

Maxx

Are you gonna remove the closet door so it cant potentially bang into the prop tank plumbing and crack it or cause a leak? Or is that one of those, not likely to happen, aint gonna worry about it kinda things?

Either way, this set up looks great TB!

Nick

Tigahboy

the closet door could bang into the pipes for sure; but not the tank itself. I plan to take off the door once I take down my 30g.

btw, where in home depot can u find those water alarms and what do they look like? I couldnt find them when I went to home depot yesterday.

corvettephreek

the water alarms are in either the pool/pond area, or the area with the sinks.... also there is an area in the back by the microwaves and blenders I saw one at my HD. and also- that tank is too cool. Did you cement your fingers together while gluing all that pipe together lol- JK. love it man!!!!the prop tank- is that plumbed before or after the filtration? or is it paralleled with the display tank? hard to tell with all the pipe in the way :p

Maxx

here is a link to HD website....They sell them online for $10.00..I just went to the plumbing area, and looked near the sump pumps (home sump pump, not reef) and saw the alarm there.

Okay...its not letting me link directly to the page with the alarms...

Just hit the home depot website..(I used google) and do a product search for watchdog water alarms
It should take you right there.

Nick