TankTails 130 Zeovit Startup

Sencha

I went to to my most frequent LFS , and spontaneously bought a....PURPLE TILE FISH. This is has got to be one of the most beautiful fish I have ever seen...

Then...went home and read and read and read about them. Decided I was never going to be able to POST again. What I learned was....they can be in minimum of 30 gal tank, but most information seems to be at least a 50 gallon. There main cause of demise seems to be jumping out of the tank. They do best in pairs. So...decisions! Honestly this is what I thought. I can take take it back asap, or get him/her a mate. I chose to get it a mate, my reasoning was....it has been done.

I woke up Sunday morning and my surviving Yellow Head made an appearance! The same time my husband and I saw it, so did the tile fish! The tile fish dove into his burrow, sand flew up everywhere.....I had to leave the room. What on earth have I done!

Today, one week later, Good Friday....the two Tile Fish and Yellow Jaw Fish are sharing a burrow together.:columbo:

jessegarcia28

It is a good friday ;) glad to hear all fish are getting along. by the way my name is jesse and surely will be following along ur thread. gl with ur tank

Sencha

New schedule after first 50% Zeovit Exchange

April 22 – May 3rd Schedule (6 weeks)

1 drop zeobac 2 x week
.08 ml zeostart 3 2 x day
1 drop sponge power 1 x day
1 drop zeofood 1 x week

Plus 20 ml of B-Ionic calcium buffer 1 x week

I did a 12 gallon water change yesterday, the first real water change since starting up the system.

The biggest difference, I have seen so far with the Zeovit System, is the tank glass is staying very clean. I scraped the back and glass while doing w/c and will monitor to see how soon I will need to clean the glass. I do plan to start weekly 5 gallon w/c.

I haven't too many corals yet, will take pictures today or tomorrow.

Want to add a goby to keep the sand clean, any suggestions?

msjboy

Hi,
I wouldnt mind doing a reactor too. Can you provide me with the dimensions.how much was it to do by the acrylic company. Also, is it safe to use the 65w bulbs on a 55w ballast for the rsm. Looking forward to your ado it results.
Thanx

Msjboy

Sencha

Hi,
I wouldnt mind doing a reactor too. Can you provide me with the dimensions.how much was it to do by the acrylic company. Also, is it safe to use the 65w bulbs on a 55w ballast for the rsm. Looking forward to your ado it results.
Thanx

Msjboy

Sorry Msjboy, I haven't been on the forum much, I've been so busy at work. I will dig up the exact measurements for you and include the adjustments I had to make, this weekend. It cost me around $100.00 Canadian, but if you go in with the plan it should be less.

Sencha

Nice work so far would you be so kind as to take a picture of the lights on your hood? Also, could you elaborate on your lighting upgrades? thanks

Bobby, I just stuck these light strips to the top of my tank, they come with a two sided sticky tape. Current USA True Lumen Aquatic LED Strips 10" Long 4 x 453 Blue Led (POWER SUPPLY SOLD SEPARATE) - AquaCave

The other light changes I made are at the bottom of my posts. Hope this helps, if you need I will take pictures.

Sencha

This weekend I will attempt to take photo's and post a complete update. I am still doing the Zeovit, and very pleased with the results so far. I did have a bit of cyano which I have never had before,(nasty) but hopefully have it under control.

GregT

What eheim are you running in your reactor please?
I've started with the ZEOvit system, using Zeozym, Zeostart, Zeobac and have my ZEOrock passively in the rear sump while I source a pump.

Cycling with new rock would have been ideal but I'm using my old rock which is leaching po4. Due to the existing nutrient load I'm not feeding ZEOfood yet, and will add Coral Snow soon.

I've also noticed my glass is alot cleaner.
This system is really simple to follow.

cheers
Greg

Sencha

The dimensions for my reacter are:
over all size 3 5/16" x 3 15/16"x15 1/2" H
matereal used 3/16 clear acrylic and 1/2" bar
Cut size for 3/16" clear acrylic you need 1'x2 ft
2 pcs 3 5/16"x 15 9/16" sides
1 pcs 3 5/16"x 3 9/19" drill 1 1/8" hole according to pump
1 pcs 3 5/16"x 3 9/16" bottom
1 pcs 3 5?16"x 3 9/16" drill 3/16" holes stagerd 1/4" + 1/2 hole center
1 pcs 2 15/16"x 3 1/2" drill 3/16" holes stagerd 1/4"
2 pcs 3 9?16"x 5" front and back
Cut size for 1/2" O bar may very according to pump size
1 pcs 1/2" O bar @ 10" Lg
1 pcs 1/2" O bar @ 2" Lg

Sencha

FTS
tank.jpg

GregT the eheim is eheim 300 so I could adjust the flow rate to 80 L/H
I love the zeovit system the tank stays so clean this pic was taken today and water change tomorrow but the last water change was two weeks ago (I usually do it once a week but have been busy) :)

GregT

Thanks Sencha,
I was going to DIY a phoshate reactor and was wondering what pump to use but scored an Elite Flo 40 canister filter today for $20 to run my ZEOvit rock in. I'll shake it daily to spread the mulm.

catran

Hi there! Just spotted your thread. Very nice tank, all of your hard work has really paid off!