TankTails 130 Zeovit Startup

Sencha

Starting Over.......:bigbounce
with 7lbs of live rock and 21lbs of Key largo reef rock in my rsm 130.

IMG_1147-1.jpg

My plan is to let the tank seed for 4 weeks, then add the prepped sand, let this seed for 1 week then start the initial zeovit 14 day cycle.

Sencha

Thank you,
Rockscaping is so tricky, each rock has so many appealing sides. I keep staring at the tank, but not much to see when using 80% dry rock, patience, poor me.

Sencha

:woohoo::woohoo:I started soaking my sand in r/o water today. I will try to do a water change every day, at the very least every second day, then put the sand into the tank. I will let this seed for 1 week, then start the initial 14 day zeovit cycle .

I ‘m having a diy square zeovit reactor custom made with the help from Industrial Plastics & Paints, here in Calgary. I am very excited about this. I think it will be ready tomorrow, so pictures to follow. (I used my media basket from Steve for the measurements for the reactor)

I replaced the powerheads with two Eheim 600’s which I learned from :read: Bathtubs posts, and I changed the lights with UVL 65W 2-in-1 (Super Actinic/75-25) and UVL 65W 75-25 14000K Aquablue Powercompact which I learned from:read: Nanoreefing4fun.

So I’m about 3 to 4 weeks away from being able to adopt my first fish. Jumping up and down!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Sounds good! Be sure to take some pictures of the Zeovit reactor before & after you install it!

Sencha

"Be sure to take some pictures of the Zeovit reactor before & after you install it!"

Reefmack, I will definitely be taking pictures. I think this could be a real breakthrough for us 130 RSM owners who want to try the zeovit system.

Thank you Nano, your posts have been so incredibly helpful for me. I have actually made a file on my desktop, named after you.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thank you Nano, your posts have been so incredibly helpful for me. I have actually made a file on my desktop, named after you.

Well thank you very much and you are very welcome !!!
009.gif
lots of helpful members here in the RSM Club - always feel free to ask any questions that you have - All the best !

Sencha

DIY Reactor

Attachments

• IMG_1283 1.jpg
    IMG_1283 1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1286 1.jpg
    IMG_1286 1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1290 1.jpg
    IMG_1290 1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 151

Sencha

Haven't decided exactly where I am going to put the carbon

Attachments

• IMG_1285 1.jpg
    IMG_1285 1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1281 1.jpg
    IMG_1281 1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 144

Sencha

Finally…..added sand to the tank tonight. I was planning on adding it February 22nd, but I didn’t want to do anything until I could get the Reefers Best Salt which I believe we haven’t had available in Canada since before Christmas. So now I will let the sand seed for a week, March 9th will start the 14 day initial zeovit cycle. I am getting so excited, something to be said for patience.