Tank number 2

roearth

Now my main tank is pretty much stocked I decided to set up a small nano. It's an aqua start 320 and holds about 6 gallons. Yesterday I bought and added some live rock and this morning noticed a small crab hanging out (he's in the second pic). Not sure what to stock in it as yet but maybe a small goby or some sexy shrimps so I'm open to suggestions. Here's some pics
66a5a1ee99708bd7d7564ec20267fb7c_zpsaf8e1ed5.jpg
21b931e3728128dfcc5185a3d06b4a14_zps8875b0bb.jpg

roearth

Thanks I like the Catalina goby however they are a cooler water species. Not sure what corals I could get away with if I kept a cooler tank

roearth

Couple of pics of snails one of which has a pretty pink shell and a close up of the crab which doesn't seem to move
null_zpscc6da41e.jpg
null_zpse86e614a.jpg
null_zps3d7ae15c.jpg

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Great stuff! another small tank. Nowadays I'm paying more attention to my 5 gallon than my 80 gallon tank lol

roearth

Thanks everyone. I'll keep updating as time goes on. I do find it fascinating to watch a small tank I guess it's a lot easier to see changes compared to the larger tank.

roearth

Yes it will need to cycle same as a large tank would.the only issue with a small tank is keeping it stable.

roearth

So the first hitchhiker crab died but found another and added a Halloween hermit and strawberry snail yesterday
null_zps33310625.jpg

null_zps6e93f5cc.jpg

null_zps49b147ee.jpg

roearth

So I decided to change the bulb to a marine blue and added a couple of rics and zoas
null_zps6033324a.jpg
null_zps9c3a5f83.jpg
null_zpsdafa5cc6.jpg
null_zps52d679da.jpg

Oh and these white things are growing but not sure what they are but the large one has tripled in size
null_zps33fd6358.jpg

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
BTW that fuzzy crab with black tips on its pincers....if you havent already removed it...GET IT OUT...its a gorilla crab. Not good.

roearth

So I've just set a trap as mr crab can go live in my larger tanks sump. Just play the wait game!

Here crabbie crabbie!!!