Starting a new 93g cube tank build (with an established 75g)

Some of the frags that I've picked up all have been in a week except for the mushrooms those were just put in a couple hours ago. I've also picked up my own RO/DI it's a BRS 5stage 75gal a day. No more going to walmart for water:)

Also forgot to add that I've added a GFO- 2 little fishes reactor. But here's how it's looking so far. Moved the frogspawn down because he was getting too much light. Looking much better down there. Everything's been holding steady at 0 now I've went through the detritus and now have a tad bit of hair algae but it's a new tank (with some older rocks and water) in it. I think I'm gonna avoid a full blown cycle. Still gonna wait on some more fish but it's starting to come together.

Well I went through a case of the uglies GHA infestation everywhere! I'm running a gfo reactor and carbon and I cut the lights for 2 days and started feeding every other day and it's 99% cleared up now. Added some more LR to the tank and in the process lost some nice zoas I had forgot about. No clue where they went maybe they'll reappear at some point. I'll post some pics tom. I've also added 2 fish a purple fire fish and Solon fairy wrasse both are going strong after a few weeks. Maybe around Halloween I'll get another.

Well I have a dilemma. My tank somehow has developed a crack. Looks like a really deep scratch about 2 inches long on the sides your fingernail can catch it on the inside of the tank. It's near the top of the tank. Of course my 8 year old has no idea how this has happened??? So nobody has this tank in stock anywhere near to me. I have a few options go get a 150 tall or a 180 or a 92 corner now front. Any tank that I choose I'll have to get another radion (2 if I get the 180) and probably at least one mp40 possibly 2 if I get the 180. Fortunately I had a skimmer that was plenty big. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

sirrealism

I have the same tank but a little older so not rimless and love it. Have you checked CL for a used one? sure would be cheaper then buying a hole new system or are you thinking you want bigger and this is a good way to go bigger? You could buy the same one online and have it shipped. Between the savings of buying it online and the cost of shipping you would prob come out the same. Plus if you can find a used system on CL you would prob get a bunch of extra stuff you could sell off and make a portion of your money back.

sirrealism

Is it leaking? If not you have some time. Keep on CL and also check out other cities by you. I am sure if you got a good deal you would drive a couple hours to get one. I say that not knowing where you live.

sirrealism

If no leaks yet then dont panic. take your time and find the right tank. If its another 93 cool if its something bigger well even cooler. I know it would look ugly but for the time being to make sure it doesnt leak you could lower the water in the tank and use silicone on the crack, let it dry and fill back up. Its just a safty thing and it might give you more time. You might also think about having that panel replaced. Check with a glass company and see if they would do it and what it would cost. Not the best idea but it could work. If your handy there are plenty of vids on you tube about how to replace glass or even making you own tank."Not something I would do" but there are plenty of people that do. There is even a large web site for DIY aquariums so you could find lots of help there