Starting a 55G

StirCrayzy

My vote is 125, simple FOWLR & a few hardy softies.
Low maintenance, forgiving, tough to crash, great first tank.

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Ok so I have to decide either do a 55 and do clowns and what not or do the 125 and do no clowns and none reef safe fish. Comments or suggestions very welcomed?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

125, Duh.
And non-reef safe fish are the better type anyway... Much bigger and prettier...

And BTW, stop "doing" clowns... I hear they are pretty funny and that's not a time or place a woman wants to be laughing...

Builtschic

125, Duh.
And non-reef safe fish are the better type anyway... Much bigger and prettier...

And BTW, stop "doing" clowns... I hear they are pretty funny and that's not a time or place a woman wants to be laughing...

Lol. I'm going to do the 55 much cheaper for me in the end and I'm on a budget.

sk8rdn

Builtschic said:
Lol. I'm going to do the 55 much cheaper for me in the end and I'm on a budget.

Your choice.

But like women, cheap does not equal easy...
Just saying...

And you're gonna go 125 eventually...

...."Fish" Happens!....

Builtschic

Your choice.

But like women, cheap does not equal easy...
Just saying...

And you're gonna go 125 eventually...

...."Fish" Happens!....

I won't go bigger that's for sure I will leave that up to Devon

Built347

It is completely up to u... all I have done is given u pros and cons of every option..... this stuff is expensive no matter how u look at it... If you "want" to afford a 125 then its all yours.. I think that is large for your first tank but ill help you through all of it.. what I don't want is an abandoned fish tank on the system in 6 months... I personally think a smaller tank will be more manageable for u so you will remain interested... if at any point you want something bigger I have no problem switching things up...

Builtschic

I think u are completely right. I need to stay small for along while

Builtschic

So update still no tank yet but thanks to Matt for the dollar a gallon heads up this may be when I get one if I do bc we r now thinkin about a koi pond out front and well that would be for me to take care of

dmatt88

A 40 is a great tank yet truth b told u have a great 6 foot light coming ur way.

........I have nothing intelligent left to say.

Built347

Shhh! Rob will hear! Lol...
And fyi, its a 50 cal... More manly...

...."Fish" Happens!....

Nah .50 is too much.. I load a nice and spicy jhp 40 and itll give u some nice quarter sized holes. If u want to lay it down 9mm is the way to go tho.. more shots on target.. I bet rob carries a 9. Tell me its a sig rob.. :)

sk8rdn

Built347 said:
Nah .50 is too much.. I load a nice and spicy jhp 40 and itll give u some nice quarter sized holes. If u want to lay it down 9mm is the way to go tho.. more shots on target.. I bet rob carries a 9. Tell me its a sig rob.. :)

Standard issue, I believe...

...."Fish" Happens!....