Starting a 55G

Builtschic

I am new to this whole saltwater craze. I have a 55 gallon and am not sure what kinda fish to get. I really like the snowflake eel but not sure what can be put with it. Ideas and opinions anyone.?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

So many good choices on fish... I like peaceful fish that play well together, are hardy, are reef compatible

Here a good :read:

Nano Fish

steved13

PREMIUM
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary!!

If you go with the eel you'll need to stay with fish that are larger, which also means fewer.

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Just to clarify guys... n if this will effect your responses... this tank is going to be hooked into my system..

dmatt88

Well well seems he drug u in huh I mean needed a bigger system I mean well, welcome chick. We are pic freaks so keep us posted! Good to meet ya. C u in a week. Matt

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

Builtschic

Oh I should probably introduce myself better. My name is Samantha aka " the old bird" LOL. I'm starting myself a 55 well of course with the help of my lovely boyfriend. I am way new at this just pretty much have watched him do some stuff so any advice or ideas is much appreciated. My 55 was freshwater and well everything died I got discouraged but I'm back at it. Thank you all for the welcoming to the reef sanctuary forum. Matt I am looking forward to coming out and seeing your setup and meeting you and your wife. Devon has only told me good things about you.

engineer goby

Hello old bird, you've made the right choice and if it's getting tied into Devons system you will be fine. Enjoy your new addiction

Builtschic

Hello old bird, you've made the right choice and if it's getting tied into Devons system you will be fine. Enjoy your new addiction

Thank you very much. And yes its all tying directly into his tank. I will probably start mine out alot slower than he did and I will definitely post pics once we get the freshwater mess cleaned up.

dmatt88

Oh I should probably introduce myself better. My name is Samantha aka " the old bird" LOL. I'm starting myself a 55 well of course with the help of my lovely boyfriend. I am way new at this just pretty much have watched him do some stuff so any advice or ideas is much appreciated. My 55 was freshwater and well everything died I got discouraged but I'm back at it. Thank you all for the welcoming to the reef sanctuary forum. Matt I am looking forward to coming out and seeing your setup and meeting you and your wife. Devon has only told me good things about you.

Pleasure will b mine. Do expect discouragement from time to time. This hobby most definately comes with set backs. Glad to have ya. So u go by Samantha or Sam?

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

Builtschic

So I am kind of leaning away from getting many damsels because I'm afraid they will.bully my other fish. I'm.not going to.do any coral that's just too much for me right now.I.would love a snowflake eel but I'm afraid that's going to limit me on what I can get fish wise. If I do get a snowflake eel will I need a pure salt bottom or some gravel also?

Built347

No salt on the bottom... but to answer your question fine or course sand I don't know with an eel. Or if it matters at all..