Starting a 55G

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Yep. U guys do share things in common. Ask brown.

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

Built347

Hey did u see anything in the nanofish section that u like?.. most of those are reef safe and I have 4 of those double t5ho fixtures just laying around... hint hint.. :) cough reef tank.. cough

engineer goby

Hey did u see anything in the nanofish section that u like?.. most of those are reef safe and I have 4 of those double t5ho fixtures just laying around... hint hint.. :) cough reef tank.. cough

I'm confused:stars: there is an option to not go reef?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm having a love affair with some Toadstools not a bad start imho

Built347

I'm confused:stars: there is an option to not go reef?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm having a love affair with some Toadstools not a bad start imho

Lol.. I'm rethinking my relationship with my toadstool.. she's getting wayy too fat... blocking a good 12x12 area in my tank.. lol

lbiminiblue

I am new to this whole saltwater craze. I have a 55 gallon and am not sure what kinda fish to get. I really like the snowflake eel but not sure what can be put with it. Ideas and opinions anyone.?

I started with a 55 then I upgraded. PLEASE don't buy a snowflake unless you don't want to keep bottom dwellers or cleaner shrimp. Really consider your choice- I had a snowflake in my 55 and it was near impossible to get rid of him. I kept him with 2 clowns and 3 blue Chromis. He wouldn't let the hermit crabs or corals eat. I'm not saying they're bad tank pets, they have awesome personality. But really consider what fish or crustaceans you want to keep. If u have plans already for your livestock, tell me and I'll see if u have a good match. Just don't buy one if u haven't made long term plans. Enjoy the reefing hobby- its a blast. I'm just handing to u my experience with snowflakes and mine wasn't good because I wanted to keep cleaner shrimp. Have fun and TAKE IT SLOW- patience is rewarding in this hobby. :)

engineer goby

I started with a 55 then I upgraded. PLEASE don't buy a snowflake unless you don't want to keep bottom dwellers or cleaner shrimp. Really consider your choice- I had a snowflake in my 55 and it was near impossible to get rid of him. I kept him with 2 clowns and 3 blue Chromis. He wouldn't let the hermit crabs or corals eat. I'm not saying they're bad tank pets, they have awesome personality. But really consider what fish or crustaceans you want to keep. If u have plans already for your livestock, tell me and I'll see if u have a good match. Just don't buy one if u haven't made long term plans. Enjoy the reefing hobby- its a blast. I'm just handing to u my experience with snowflakes and mine wasn't good because I wanted to keep cleaner shrimp. Have fun and TAKE IT SLOW- patience is rewarding in this hobby. :)

Oh man how did Luis find this thread. J/K

lbiminiblue

No salt on the bottom... but to answer your question fine or course sand I don't know with an eel. Or if it matters at all..

No it doesn't matter they love to cloud up the tank either way :(.
If I hadn't bought that eel I wouldn't have this dragon wrasse but well I could also blame it on the lfs owner then I could blame it on his ancestors and then.... Well u get the idea....I'm discontent

dmatt88

She's gonna check it n go oh my. Where'd the last 3 pages go. Off to the batcave.

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

Builtschic

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

So many good choices on fish... I like peaceful fish that play well together, are hardy, are reef compatible

Here a good :read:

Nano Fish

This page on the website will help me alot thank you very much