Snail's pace beginning to an Old Lady's 65g Reef

BarbMazz

Hmm. New fish? I did get a new pair of mandarins a couple of weeks ago?

My tank turns ONE year old tomorrow. It's been the best of times. It's been the worst of times. lol

Touch wood, I've not had a major catastrophe, but I've had my share of deaths and meltaways of corals. The creatures that have come and gone are missed, and I'm really sorry they came into my tank only to perish. That's the worst part of the hobby for me. :(

I know a little more about taking care of a reef than I did when I started. Just enough to be dangerous :D and probably a little too comfortable. I've learned a lot about chemistry, and that's good because it's always been a very weak spot for me.

After a year I still occasionally see creatures in this tank that were not put there by me and I love that! I love how I know each and every crevice in each and every rock and coral and I can tell in an instant if something isn't quite right. I love how my fish know me, and pester me when I'm working in the tank or taking pictures. The midas blenny notoriously gets in the way of everything, and then stares at me with big, innocent blue eyes that I SWEAR blink even though they don't have eyelids.

I'm happy I finally jumped in and set up a sw tank. I'm grateful to those of you here at RS (some still here, and some who have moved on) who helped me when I was trying to learn before I set up.

Tomorrow I'll post a new fts next to a shot of the first day the LR and sand went in the tank.

THANK YOU FRIENDS!

goldenmean

All I know is that TBS LR sure does ROCK!
2abc1509-f799-4aec-ba8a-2c16f578514f.gif

BarbMazz

Jeff, you are CORRECT about TBS rock! It is The Best!! I wouldn't have it in my tank without you, you know!

Thanks, Greg.... I wouldn't be where I am now without your guidance.

Becky, Janetta's little boxfish is the Bomb!

BarbMazz

I'm so caught up with Bam Bam I haven't posted them yet, Lynn. :( I'll try to do that a bit later. I'm off to try to feed him, change the water and re-medicate.