Snail's pace beginning to an Old Lady's 65g Reef

BarbMazz

This is really the pre-Beginning beginning to my reef tank chronicle :bugout: .

Here is a picture of the (still furnished) spot where my tank will eventually sit. I'm offering you three different views of the wall.

"Eventually" I will build a matching cherry wood stand for the (stoopid) tv and a matching bookcase to the right of the (stoopid) tv.

Please note; if you want an awning made you can call the toll-free number on the (stoopid) tv screen :whstlr: :smck: :rolleyes:

p.s. i don't like tv

reeftank1.jpg

Get your awning here!!

reeftank2.jpg

The Wall including part of the fireplace that goes up to the top of the 14ft ceiling

reeftank3.jpg

My husband checked the basement, and that wall is a supporting wall so the floor will stand the weight of the tank easily.

My Stuff so far

65g AGA reef ready tank, stand, canopy,
20g long AGA for sump;fuge (will DIY it!)
and
a bunch of miscellaneous un-usable stuff

Barb; Old Lady reefer getting started, and loving it!

zimboy

cool space for your tank, it will look much better than the TV for sure ( i also dislike TV) I'll be watching this thread with interest.

BarbMazz

cool space for your tank, it will look much better than the TV for sure ( i also dislike TV) I'll be watching this thread with interest.

Thanks, Zimboy... better get comfortable because it's going to take me a while to get this thing going! Um, you could watch some (stoopid) tv while you're waiting. :thumbup:

BarbMazz

I'm really glad you told us! I wasn't sure, LOL. You are so much fun, and this is going to be a great tank!

Thank you, sir! I sure hope you're right about the tank!

I'm waiting on a package price from Jack for the more important equipment; lights, RO/DI, skimmer, etc. I'm waiting to actually have the canopy here so I can send some photos to him so he can advise about lights. I'm sure the construction of the canopy will dictate what sort of lights I can use.

Meanwhile, I'm studying as much as I can. I was up till 3am this morning reading about inverts. :drool:

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
where's the old lady? leave the tv, lose the fireplace lol(you can get a nice fire on tv, even on dvd)

BarbMazz

where's the old lady? leave the tv, lose the fireplace lol(you can get a nice fire on tv, even on dvd)

You crack me up, Sasquatch! I guess you kinda LIKE tv? I think a huge tank all along that wall would be the best choice.

psssst! I'M the old lady :)

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
LOL! I checked your profile, thats not old, barely broken in. as to LIKE tv? oh yeah, tv mmmmm loves tv,

Oh my dear TV
Where would I be without thee?
What would I do?
What would I see?

I could be doing my homework,
Or brushing my hair
But only with you, my dear TV,
Can I sit and do nothing but stare

Without you, I could watch no
Star Trek: The Next Generation,
or Garfield and Friends:
only you can bridge the gap between the two ends.

I am so glad I have you,
my special TV,
I need you,
And you need me.

:snshne: :snshne: :snshne:

BarbMazz

LOL! I checked your profile, thats not old, barely broken in. as to LIKE tv? oh yeah, tv mmmmm loves tv,

Oh my dear TV
Where would I be without thee?
What would I do?
What would I see?

I could be doing my homework,
Or brushing my hair
But only with you, my dear TV,
Can I sit and do nothing but stare

Without you, I could watch no
Star Trek: The Next Generation,
or Garfield and Friends:
only you can bridge the gap between the two ends.

I am so glad I have you,
my special TV,
I need you,
And you need me.

:snshne: :snshne: :snshne:

Are you sure you're not my husband?!?!? :lol: :makefun: :faces:

goldenmean

Im with Sas on this one. Comcast has had an spectacular HD yule log on demand all month. Looks so real with out the smoke and heat.
I'd mount the tv above the fireplace.

I'll be watching this thread too.

BarbMazz

Im with Sas on this one. Comcast has had an spectacular HD yule log on demand all month. Looks so real with out the smoke and heat.
I'd mount the tv above the fireplace.

I'll be watching this thread too.

Hi, Jeff! :wave:
Aw, c'mon.. you guys don't like real fire?? I thought all guys loved fire. I'd like to throw that (stoopid) tv IN the fire! It's evil, I tell you... EVIL! :)

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Tv's dont kill people, people kill people, anyway enough of the filler material, wheres the tank at now??

BarbMazz

Tv's dont kill people, people kill people, anyway enough of the filler material, wheres the tank at now??

The tank is somewhere in Shipping Land. The LFS didn't have a drilled 65 in stock. It should (may) be in on Monday. I will post pictures as soon as I pick it up. Well, after I'm done jumping for joy, anyway!