Show me your mods!

justsunnie

I'm thinking about upgrading from the standard lighting on my nanocube. One of these days, anyhow.

I was wondering what kinds of modifications RS users have gotten on their Nanoreefs.

So show me your mods! (pictures please)

BrothaWolf

Heres what I did to my 29 BioCube...
Doubled up PC Lights and moonlights
IMG_2181.JPG

Moons up close
IMG_2180.JPG

hood mod for refugium
IMG_2365.JPG

refugium
IMG_2374.JPG

skimmer/fuge
IMG_2358.JPG

skimmer
IMG_2226.JPG

IMG_2355.JPG

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Dude you've lost your mind Bro!! LOL!! Here I was just thinking about adding some more "moon-lights" and wondering "Would that seem OVER the top?" :LOL:

SWEET Mods bro!!

A.

BrothaWolf

LOL thanks! I had to add the moonlights When I added the extra PC's it pushed my moons to the back so I added a pair to each corner and now its perfect!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
A "before" pic showing the stock hood/lights would help us non-nanoers to appreciate the changes :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
A "before" pic showing the stock hood/lights would help us non-nanoers to appreciate the changes :)

I'll try this one.. It's of a Standard Nano Hood (non DX)

javascript:popupWin3('/product/swatch_image.cfm?window=1&prod=10677&ranknum=3&thumbid=3398&thumbpage=1&list=3131,3132,3398&breeds=1', 50, 50, 480, 520, 'scrollbars=yes')

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Wow! That is a big difference. Nice work Bwolf! It looks like you removed the internal ballasts... you must have added a few also.
where did you put them?
Does that hood have fans?

BrothaWolf

Wow! That is a big difference. Nice work Bwolf! It looks like you removed the internal ballasts... you must have added a few also.
where did you put them?
Does that hood have fans?

The ballasts on the Cube are remotes. The 2 new PC's are wired into a whole new remote ballast. So now there are 3. The fans are still in the same place as the original but I upgraded them. You can kinda see them under the last light at the back of the hood. I also have them on an adjustable ac adapter so I can turn them down if they ever seem to loud. I cut the original reflector to fit behind all the lights and expose the fans for better flow.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
The ballasts on the Cube are remotes. The 2 new PC's are wired into a whole new remote ballast. So now there are 3. The fans are still in the same place as the original but I upgraded them. You can kinda see them under the last light at the back of the hood. I also have them on an adjustable ac adapter so I can turn them down if they ever seem to loud. I cut the original reflector to fit behind all the lights and expose the fans for better flow.

Excellent work bwolf! karma to you~

Hi Wolf - curious if you could tell me if you popped the entire back door off of the BC29 or if you modified it to fit over the flow tubes of your refugium? If you modified it, do you have any photos?

Also, what type of refugium is that? Something you built or did you order it?

I have a BC29 and am always looking for new mods. LOL

Thanks in advance

Lynnette

BrothaWolf

Hi Wolf - curious if you could tell me if you popped the entire back door off of the BC29 or if you modified it to fit over the flow tubes of your refugium? If you modified it, do you have any photos?

Also, what type of refugium is that? Something you built or did you order it?

I have a BC29 and am always looking for new mods. LOL

Thanks in advance

Lynnette

I used 2 different sized hole saws to cut holes in the back of the hood and a dremmel to make the straight edge to fit over the flow tubes. The refugium is the smallest of the CPR fuges. I got it on sale from one of the web suppliers. I got swaped out the pump with something a bit smaller with a lower flow. It all fits together perfectly. You can see the cuts I made in this picture...
IMG_2365.JPG

Way Cool Wolf, thanks for the info. Down the line, I think I may have to give this a try. I'm working on my new canopy right now for the 4.36 upgrade of lights from nanotuners right now. After that's finished, this may be the next mod I have to do to the BC29.

Thanks again, you ROCK!!!!

Lynnette