Show me your mods!

made a refugem out of 14gallon bio cube for my 30 galloon bio cube
14refugiempics2003.jpg

14refugiempics025.jpg

Now that is cool and different when I get my fuge together I wanted to be able to see it too, I think some of the things that grow and live in there will be cool to watch almost as much as my main tank...

zigginit

home made refugium for the 29g biocube. it has a side that has up to for different filter media areas. (phosban, carbon, chemiclean,...) the water flows through them to get maxium filtration. then it enters the second side that has an area for small live rock rubble and chaeto algae. in these pics i dont have the chaeto in yet but will soon. i will also be using puting a cree led light over the top for the chaeto. see my thread (below) for the full story. total cost $18

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

map95003

Here's my DIY Pico Vase...

vase1.jpg

drilling1.jpg

Overflow1.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0474_newLED.jpg

Had to remove the fish, here's the reason...
[video=youtube;UYcbWMLb5AQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYcbWMLb5AQ[/video]

Rhodes19

I placed a valve on the drain on the collection cup of my SWC 200 skimmer. It makes maintenance a lot easier and quicker. :)

skimmercupmod7.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Had to remove the fish, here's the reason...
[video=youtube;UYcbWMLb5AQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYcbWMLb5AQ[/video]

GREAT looking PICO tank! I had to remove a Banded Coral Shrimp from a tank for the same reason. I came home and he had NEMO by the tail fin and that was a major No-NO!

I placed a valve on the drain on the collection cup of my SWC 200 skimmer. It makes maintenance a lot easier and quicker. :)

skimmercupmod7.jpg

GREAT idea! I wish I had thought of that on my last skimmer. I just "wedged" the end of the tube into something until I needed to empty it. One time. . . It came loose... NASTY smell LOL