Show me your mods!

jnohs

made a refugem out of 14gallon bio cube for my 30 galloon bio cube
14refugiempics2003.jpg

14refugiempics025.jpg

Cal Native

This is my set up it seems to work great. I leave the halide on for about 8/8.5 hours a day and the combo on for 2 about midway.

Attachments

• lighting.jpg
    lighting.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 529
  • Workings.jpg
    Workings.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 529

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
I just finished the bc29 4.36 upgraded lights last night, gonna see how they do, they look amazing!

CREEPIN

BrothaWolf(i was gonna PM u on the lights but ur box is full!)
just SWEEEET man! lol :)
i have a biocube and i wanna know how you did it?!
where did u get the lights? do they come with there own switch?
Thanks man!!
:yup:

BrothaWolf

Thanks man. Got the pc light kit from nanotuners.com and yes it comes with an on off switch that you wire into the ballast box. I leave it on all the time and run the lights with timers. The moonlights I pieced together and they are simply run off the timer.

CREEPIN

and what parts went into the moonlights? do they have a kit..?
sorry for my noobishness..tryin to learn..Thanks!

Polymorphyc

I would be interested to speak w/ you I have a AP24 modifed w/a chiller and am looking to create a 10 gallon fuge. Is it possible?

Basile

I used 2 different sized hole saws to cut holes in the back of the hood and a dremmel to make the straight edge to fit over the flow tubes. The refugium is the smallest of the CPR fuges. I got it on sale from one of the web suppliers. I got swaped out the pump with something a bit smaller with a lower flow. It all fits together perfectly. You can see the cuts I made in this picture...
IMG_2365.JPG

Hey, nice mods. Must say done like a pro. Did some but having the cube for almost a year , didn't think i needed all kinds of mods. Made a fuge in second chamber; the light 13w, comming through the back, i pealed off paint with razor blade, will show pics later my cam is shot lol. A question ,to have a fuge an skimmer so big, what do you keep in there? My bioload is taken care of only by the original skimmer made for the cube. That why i didn't do more mods. Don't get me wrong , your mods are great and i change my bioload or have more difficult critters to take care of , i will upgrade the rest, good job, looks great.:wave: