Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

Nobbygas

By now you must have dug out the foundations of your house and strengthened the flooring. Pipework has been laid, electrical connections made available and the local river diverted.

Apart from that, any news?

SPR

By now you must have dug out the foundations of your house and strengthened the flooring. Pipework has been laid, electrical connections made available and the local river diverted.

Apart from that, any news?
Just awaiting the tank to be delivered and I’m in spain next week so it won’t be until after around 19th September

And yes I have news .......

SPR

I’ve built up the NYOS Quantum 300 today. And let me tell you, especially you @Nobbygas size is important despite what you’ve been told! Lol

Looks at the canons on this baby!

It’s a very well made and sturdy piece of kit and certainly the big brother to the NYOS Quantum 160 that I have now.

Every piece just fits together beautifully.

And for anyone with other models, you can clean inside the long tube on the 300, and also the tube doesn’t turn like the smaller models. A screw locks it into place and it’s controlled by closing and opening the valve at the top.

IMG_0674.JPGIMG_0675.JPGIMG_0676.JPGIMG_0677.JPGIMG_0678.JPGIMG_0679.JPGIMG_0680.JPG

SPR

That does look very good. I do like the twin intakes.

Please tell me you're not going to ruin the look with your plastic milk container?
It’s not a plastic milk container. Firstly it’s wine juice container, and secondly it’s called a ‘skimmate locker’. And it works a treat!

The skimmer is huge and very heavy. Heavy conveys quality you know....

Nobbygas

It’s not a plastic milk container. Firstly it’s wine juice container, and secondly it’s called a ‘skimmate locker’. And it works a treat!

The skimmer is huge and very heavy. Heavy conveys quality you know....
Looking at She Who Casts No Shadow, I dispute that !

Highlyagaming

I’ve built up the NYOS Quantum 300 today. And let me tell you, especially you @Nobbygas size is important despite what you’ve been told! Lol

Looks at the canons on this baby!

It’s a very well made and sturdy piece of kit and certainly the big brother to the NYOS Quantum 160 that I have now.

Every piece just fits together beautifully.

And for anyone with other models, you can clean inside the long tube on the 300, and also the tube doesn’t turn like the smaller models. A screw locks it into place and it’s controlled by closing and opening the valve at the top.

View attachment 49663View attachment 49662View attachment 49661View attachment 49660View attachment 49659View attachment 49658View attachment 49657

Dude that is a bloody beast. Ill hopefully be getting the 160 for xmas if funds are available, trying to remain positive lol wife is not happy Ive asked her for a skimmer that costs so much lol. If you plan on getting rid of yours hit me up

SPR

Ok I had an email from the tank builders last night, the cabinet doors arrive in the next few days so the tank will be delivered when I get back from a short break in Spain in about 10 days or so.

I’m weeing my pants with excitement!!!