Seeking Guidance, Information & Patience - New Red Sea Max 130D Owner

Soupylou

I feed the whole tank 2 cubes Mysis every other day, replaced by Marine Grazer once a week.

I use a turkey vaster that they feed from, so can quickly see if they lose interest, and target feed rest.

1 cube every other day is fine Lucy, just watch the phosphates, I rinse the mysis in RO before feeding

Thank you for the advice, I have also been using throw away syringe to add the food directly into my fishes mouths (•coughs• Mother love •coughs).....

Here are my new additions :)

Binky & BooBoo

http://www.magisto.com/video/KlsQI14UAzI1RBNgCzE

KarlyBoy

We nearly called our Dalmation 'Binky', after Deaths Horse in Discworld ... Instead we called him Fergus, still think Binky was better

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Every other day is good, just feed no more than they will eat in a few minutes.

Soupylou

So little update: I'm completely in love with my clowns: They're doing very well and now roaming around the whole tank:

BooBoo: larger than Blinky and jeez what a lil miss piggy. Enjoys her personal space and gets tad Mardy, when one of the snails enters her territory. She hovers and nudges them along out of her way.

This chica wears the trousers in this relationship and spends her time bossing poor Blinky.

eqave3a2.jpg

Blinky aka Mr Fitz (constantly shaking and generally thought I bought special needs type of fish but oh no turns out it's his submissive behaviour)...

....He is smaller of the two and spends his days doing what he's told by Booboo. He has few dislikes mainly doesn't like Mr toothbrush entering the water whilst trying to clean out the corners and will happily ram the toothbrush out of the water.

Yes yes ..he is the fish answer to Mr Darcy, very brave, bless him and seems to be scared of snails??? He's constantly running away from them.

tumy7ese.jpg

Soupylou

Very cool clowns! do you have an anemone or planning to have one?

Thank koo

Now that is the question - my tank is fairly new, it's only been established since June of this year....I don't like the idea of the Anemone dying and potentially wiping out my tank n I believe they also move around in the tank?

I did notice lil black dots on my clowns which have since disappeared, I was advised these were marks left by corals stinging them?

Spoke to the breeder and he had Torch Hammer & frogspawn In their tank.

I do like the idea of having something for my lil beauties to host and I do know majority of Anemones get huge!

I have seen mini maxi and if I ever grow large enough balls to put one in next year I will.

Any suggestions?

Soupylou

Hi guys,

Tonight after my water change, I've noticed Booboo had long white stringy poop which instantly came off her after about 5 seconds.

I've read this could be internal parasite however I have only been feeding both on mysis.

What would you recommend to do? She is eating like a pig and very alert and I have now switched to New Era Marine Flakes.

Soupylou

Ok shes had brown poop tonight - not sure whats happening but she looks lovely and very active - so therefore I shall monitor her & hopefully catch another 'poop' moment. HAHA!

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Fish poop! Just keep an eye on her for any strange behavior but it sounds like she's doing fine.