Scotty's Spotty

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
HI Scott! Spotty is looking as beautiful as ever. I wanted to stop by and say hello and see how you're doing. Looks as though everything is fine!

Thank you Barb! Status quo except for some growth and maintenance. How are Bam Bam, John and the kids? You notice I ask about Bam Bam first! :D

John going with you to MACNA this year?

BarbMazz

Bam Bam is doing wonderfully. He now lives in the right front corner of the tank and he's nice and banana yellow like Spotty! John is fine, except nervous about the economy. You know him, he has to fret about something (keeps him from fretting at ME ;) ) Kids are great... Andrea graduated on Dec 13th and has been accepted into an accelerated bachelors to BSN program. Bryan is signing for his house today, and Chris' wedding plans are on track. We may be coming to town to visit Bry and see his new house. If we do, I'll give you a call and we can meet for dinner, maybe?

BarbMazz

Oh! Not sure if John is coming to Macna or not. He hasn't decided. I told him I'm going regardless! I'm all reserverated. lol He's never been to AC, though, and he does like a little blackjack!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I'm all reserverated too! I'm not sure about if Ghia is coming either, she is undecided. Good to hear all the good news going on in your life. :D

Here's a picture of Spotty from today. I just gave him a treat of new rubble. It should keep him busy for a while.

DSC_0004-36.jpg

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thanks Greg!

Here is what Spotty did with his new toys! All tidied-up and put away neatly! I've said this before, I really think Spotty is female.

DSC_0007-20.jpg

DSC_0006-19.jpg

framerguy

Geez, that was quick. Almost has to be a chicky fish. Ain't no guy gonna clean up that quick....unless there's a chicky coming over...then maybe! Anything we should know about?:fingerx:

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thanks guys! Even though I refer to Spotty in the masculine tense, I believe he is a she.

I came home tonight and my flower anemone has moved smack into Spotty's burrow, parking it's big ole butt at his entrance. It's a good thing the flower finally moved because my BTA was stinging the crap out of it. Spotty has relocated to the right side of the tank. :scram: He's smart enough to know when to get out of Dodge!

lcstorc

What makes you think Spotty is a girl?
I have been trying to find a way to tell the difference so I know if I have a pair or two females. I am pretty sure i don't have 2 males since they don't fight but they do ignore each other entirely.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I only have subjective reasons for this thinking and it is not based on any kind of science or long term experience. However, Spotty is non aggressive. He/she shares the burrow, at times, with my Yellow Watchman goby and is not really that aggressive towards the other fish.

To me the males have grumpier, meaner looking faces that are more angular and sharp, which could be attributed to having bigger mouths and further extending maxillae towards the posterior for the mouth brooding duties they perform. The females in contrast have a softer, more pleasing look with rounder features to their maxilla.

Like I said this is just an observation from combing photographs on the web and in books.

Lorraine is in a unique position because she has a positive ID on the male as is evidenced by it's flashing behavior. I'd like to ask Lorraine if she notices a difference in the facial structure between her two BSJF?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Spotty is foaming at the mouth! Rabies! :laughroll

Talk about panic! This is what I woke to this morning. After a scare and some reflection, it was just some worm webbing or something he picked up while digging. He shook it off.

DSC_0005-28.jpg

DSC_0006-22.jpg