RSM owners - what are your other pets?

mbdave

-Yes Beagly is a big thinker.........He thinks he will not wait to go out to pee, He thinks he deserves treats everytime we are in the kitchen, He thinks any of his "kills" you know grasshoppers, lizards, crickets, belong in the house for our viewing pleasure, yep big thinker but a great little guy, "I love that pic of him". Wehn we found Beag he was stinky, had a terrible ear infection, and you could put your hands together around his very skinny stomache, he was in sad shape but still had a great attitude. Needless to say now you need a full tank of gas to drive around him :)

-Glenn Buddah is just a fabulous good boy, he's beginning to get a little older now and does not have the patience for kids he used to but still a great guy.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Great pics of the new dogs and of course a new one of Beagly. Molly looks like a boxer or boxer mix? It really is a shame how many folks get tired of caring for an animal and just dump them off to fend for themselves. Then in doing so they have to be put down to protect other pets & livestock. All my animals have been castoffs that I've gotten from animal shelters. My brother in law was the head of animal control in a town in Tenessee for a couple years, then quit. He could no longer handle putting down animals that other people just didn't want anymore, often because they're not cute little puppies anymore, or they just don't want to deal with caring for them and training them. It's a major problem in this country, and growing bigger all the time. Dogs, cats, reptiles, birds, etc., and even fish and aquatic plants that can wipe out native species and destroy our waters. Grrrrrr!

-Yes Beagly is a big thinker.........He thinks he will not wait to go out to pee, He thinks he deserves treats everytime we are in the kitchen, He thinks any of his "kills" you know grasshoppers, lizards, crickets, belong in the house for our viewing pleasure, yep big thinker but a great little guy, "I love that pic of him". Wehn we found Beag he was stinky, had a terrible ear infection, and you could put your hands together around his very skinny stomache, he was in sad shape but still had a great attitude. Needless to say now you need a full tank of gas to drive around him :)

-Glenn Buddah is just a fabulous good boy, he's beginning to get a little older now and does not have the patience for kids he used to but still a great guy.

LOL now thats funny hes lucky to have found ya`ll,

Great pics of the new dogs and of course a new one of Beagly. Molly looks like a boxer or boxer mix? It really is a shame how many folks get tired of caring for an animal and just dump them off to fend for themselves. Then in doing so they have to be put down to protect other pets & livestock. All my animals have been castoffs that I've gotten from animal shelters. My brother in law was the head of animal control in a town in Tenessee for a couple years, then quit. He could no longer handle putting down animals that other people just didn't want anymore, often because they're not cute little puppies anymore, or they just don't want to deal with caring for them and training them. It's a major problem in this country, and growing bigger all the time. Dogs, cats, reptiles, birds, etc., and even fish and aquatic plants that can wipe out native species and destroy our waters. Grrrrrr!

Yes Molly is a full blooded boxer, I say we kinda rescued her because the story goes, My oldest daughter (who is now 23 and has youguns of her own)
raises Boxers and this is one that she bred, well she is in the air force now(I tried to convince her to go ARMY!!! but she didnt)anyways the guy who had this dog is also in the USAF and getting ready to pcs overseas, well he wanted to give the dog away till he found out that my son may be interested in the dog,this was about 2 months ago and then he wanted 100 bucks for Molly,he even said he would even just abandon the dog when he left,
well I am a sucker and gave in and gave him the money, My daughter is furious at the dude for Molly`s condition and at me for giving in..
To make a long story short my daughter informed her boss (an E-9) about the whole ordeal and now her boss is pissed(her boss also loves critters and is especially fond of my daughters boxers Diesel and Cricket), this guy might get a little UCMJ :rocket: before he pcs`s if he does fine but if he doesnt thats kinda ok cause we know Molly got it made now...

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Great story on the boxer. Too bad the jerk didn't take care of the dog, but I'm sure you'll get her back into good shape now. :) More people should end up in jail for the way they treat animals.

This guy might, I got a call from my daughter a couple hours ago and her boss wants pics of Molly, I almost feel bad for the guy, NOT, Im thinkin this is gonna make dent in his military career, but hey he deserves it for treating the dog so bad, I think the damage is done because her litter mates are all somewhere about twice as big as she is at the same age, and she wasnt the runt in the litter. So shes most likely stunted which is cool in a way I can at least pick her up,
Ole Thor is a Mastiff (The brindle)and hes close to 190 pounds so I dont pick him up at all lol..

dmyers557

A black widow and a racoon family of 4. Damn widows ate all over my place and the racoon family visits my backyard daily so I consider them pets

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I hope the black widows are outside? They're common here too. Years ago, I once caght my son catching some spiders to feed his pet lizards and saw he had 1 or 2 in the container ready to bring in the house - that was a big NO! Keep the raccoons and come and get mine too! I have some as big as a small dog, and in my area they are often rabies carriers.

Oakhouse

Nice Bump Glenn!

Heres my crowd...

1st, my little girl, Wobster (I didnt name her, she was a rescued cat), I'll miss her so much
06052008167.jpg

Next the biggest boy (smallest brain!) - Rocky, the one in front, in a field with a few friends.
0908080042.jpg

Next is the old man.... Sham, Yellow Labrador (short for Shamwari, 11 and a half, and every day more and more a grumpy old man)
15042008161.jpg

Next is the puppies (both just over a year old)
Max (English Setter)
0902220001.jpg

Zak, aka "Doodle" (Jack Russel)
0902220010.jpg

and a few more pics, just for good measure:
IMG_1086.jpg

0904040013.jpg

0904040014.jpg

0904040021.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Your thread & post made me remember this thread
angelwings.gif

Great pics !!! Beautiful cat, dogs & wow gourgous horses !!! Thanks for sharing !!!

Cool that Wobster was a rescued animal, you gave her a great life !

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Going to post this here too... for Wobster & all our other pets ... it's new to me, maybe others have read it for years, but it was new to me & touching.

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Rainbow Bridge has been around quite a while. It's still hard for me to read it without getting sad though - it never seemed to ease the pain of a newly departed pet, and made it worse for me.