RSM Club - off topic photos and discussions

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Oh my, what big teeth you have LOL. How cool would it be to be able to keep some of these incredible fish in our tanks?? Thanks for the post Juan.

lethal

I bet he got heartburn after eating that LOL. Just don't introduce one to Nigel Juan :).

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
If anyone is interested...

I am on cable now & it's soooooooooo fast compared to DSL -download speeds now 20 times faster & for the same $$$ I was paying ATT

After tons of research - I selected a Motorola Surfboard SB6121 modem and a Netgear N750 router

I unplugged the Comcast cable from the TV topset box added a 2 to 1 splitter, hooked up the cable tv box again & hooked the other cable into the new Surfboard router - called Comcast got right to a rep. gave him my HFC MAC ID (address - found on the modem & box) he added it to the system & said I was good to go 2 minutes on phone - I then connected my new router to the modem with the supplied Ethernet cable, connect another Ethernet cable to my laptop, ran the Install CD, took all of 5 mins

Done Wireless network Setup - disconnect Ethernet cable from my laptop, power it down & backup, entered my new Passpharse & I was on RS Blazing Fast !!! Connected Iphone, Connected TouchPad, Connected wife laptop - simple, simple, simple - everything works perfectly, zero problems & the whole install took me 30 mins

Speedtest Upload speed Download speed

10/13/2011 8:29 PM GMT 0.76 Mb/s 0.30 Mb/s ATT DSL
10/14/2011 10:34 PM GMT 21.11 Mb/s 3.74 Mb/s Comcast Cable

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Got my new iPhone 4S last yesterday afternoon, really looking forward to using the new camera

Apple - iPhone 4S - Shoot amazing photos with the 8MP camera.

The iPhone 4S camera gives you 8 megapixels — that’s 60 percent more pixels than the camera on iPhone 4.

All-new optics make all the difference.

Great photography isn’t just about megapixels — it’s about light, too. The all-new, advanced optics in this camera work together to make sure whatever light you have gives you the best image possible. The custom lens uses five precision elements to shape incoming light, which makes the entire image sharper. The larger f/2.4 aperture lets in more light, so photos look brighter and better. And the advanced hybrid infrared filter keeps out harmful IR light, so you’ll see more accurate and uniform colors.

Will post some pics soon :dance:

b806a7c9.jpg

120239dc.jpg

90c03d3f.jpg

I just kind of free handed a quick vid... still learning how to focus & zoom & all... new camera functions...

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks Leigh ! I really like it so far :)

on sidebar... the Old Mill picture above - is right down the street from my home & was in the opening scene of the old classic movie Gone with the Wind

The vid is large size file size: 17153 kb ... Video recording. In 1080p HD.

Shoot stunning 1080p HD video everywhere you go. With all-new optics, the light is always right, the color is always vivid, and everything will look even better than you remember. Video stabilization steadies shaky shots. And you can edit video right on iPhone and share your lush life as fast as you shoot.

lethal

I was wondering what that pic was. So your street is famous then! Do you get many movie buffs checking it out or isn't it advertised?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
more on my the iPhone 4s

Check out this really good :read: ... after reading it, I have been playing with Siri (artificial speech intelligence technology)

The iPhone 4S Event Makes History | Tim Bajarin | PCMag.com

It is actually very cool & works

You can say... make an appointment with wife for lunch, Wednesday noon & it pops up on your calendar

or text (any contact name) and it sends the text (no typing)

or surf web for skimmers & up pops your browser with all the skimmers...

lots of stuff... and it actually works :)

ErnestoC

Well here it says it is an Off Topic thread so I wanted to invite you all to listen to my father's music and if interested on his music you will find it on his website :)

It is piano music, most of the melodies you will listen were composed by him and some are performances of other composer's works.

This is my father's website:

Ernesto Cortazar (Relaxing Piano Music) - Home

You can listen to his music on the online store selecting any Audio CD

If you prefer a radio station then I recommend you

Last.fm - Ernesto Cortazar

Jango - Jango - Free Music - Internet Radio that Plays What You Want! Listen to Music Online Radio Stations

Or his player on Facebook: Ernesto Cortazar - Piano | Facebook

Right now the featured CD is Immortal Melodies in which he performs some of his favorite compositions by other authors.

I wish you to enjoy it very much :)