Rsm 130d

I have a RSM 130D and have notice the temp getting up to mid to upper 80's (degrees Fahrenheit). I was thinking of getting a chiller. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am running the stock heater, but I also have been reading about these systems having heat issues. It has been very warm where I live high 80's, but I have the system in my basement and it is a lot cooler there.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
What is the ambient temperature in the room that the tank is in?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Anything that is IN the water or ON the tank can contribute "some" heat to the water where-by causing an increase in heat. It could be you need to invest in an ATO and run a fan across the surface of the water to increase "Evaporative Cooling". It might also be time to give all 3 pumps a good cleaning.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
With 80 Fahrenheit I can see temps getting into the mid 80s on an enclosed tank. Like Al said, you can try adding a fan to help, but aside from that, a chiller may be the way to go.

With 80 Fahrenheit I can see temps getting into the mid 80s on an enclosed tank. Like Al said, you can try adding a fan to help, but aside from that, a chiller may be the way to go.

Thank you.

I just noticed the back fan that the system came with was unplugged. I will see if that helps.

I will post.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
You are very welcome - getting the RSM built in rear cooling fan working - will bring it down 3 or 4 degrees...

A must run 24 x 7 without a chiller...

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ditto to Glenn. That fan does a good job in dropping the temp a few degrees. Just make SURE you're on top of your ATO game because it will greatly increase evaporation. This is where the Tunze 3155 comes into play.

Paragon

I have an RSM 250, and I dove in with a chiller at the time of purchase. In my town home it tends to get hot, and I knew I'd have issues. While the up front cost is a little obnoxious, the added piece of mind and consistency of the tank was a great investment for me.