RS Reef Care package

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Just thought i'd start a new thread for the new Red Sea Reef Care package and test kits so people can share their thoughts and experiences with them when they become available. Hopefully Kev will have some input as well.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I'll just add that if anyone wants to get the RCP files to review just send RedSeaKev a PM with your email address. It looks like a great system of supplements and new test kits!

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Thanks Folks for starting a new thread, I'm confident that the new Red Sea Reef Care program is going to be the way forward for modern Reef Keeping.

I know it will be a little while before you get this State side but it will be worth the wait.

I will do may best to answer any questions you might have about the Reef Care Program but rest assured I can liaise with Red Sea's top scientist on this and after all he is the guy who headed up the research for 5 years so I guess he'll know the answers for sure.

Red Sea Kev

echopiece

I will do may best to answer any questions you might have about the Reef Care Program but rest assured I can liaise with Red Sea's top scientist on this and after all he is the guy who headed up the research for 5 years so I guess he'll know the answers for sure.
Not sure if you can answer this, but I am more curious than anything.

I was briefly reading through the new RCP pdf and was interested about the different salinty and CA,Mg,dKH ratios to achieve specific growth rates. The coral growth table states, higher salinity (35 ppm) and higher CA,Mg,dKH levels will stimulate SPS growth. Where as, lower nutrient/lower CA,Mg,dKH levels give SPS coral more color? You would think the higher levels would also produce enhanced coloration? I mean, do you go for more growth or more coloration? How about both :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good find Richard! It's missing the PDF file for the Reef Care Package though.

Not sure if you can answer this, but I am more curious than anything.

I was briefly reading through the new RCP pdf and was interested about the different salinty and CA,Mg,dKH ratios to achieve specific growth rates. The coral growth table states, higher salinity (35 ppm) and higher CA,Mg,dKH levels will stimulate SPS growth. Where as, lower nutrient/lower CA,Mg,dKH levels give SPS coral more color? You would think the higher levels would also produce enhanced coloration? I mean, do you go for more growth or more coloration? How about both :)

I noticed that in the RCP pdf file too. I hadn't heard that before.

echopiece

Terry, I read through most of it today. If you look on page 11 of the brochure, it explains a bit more in detail.

redsea reefer

I already try keep my CA at about 440, Kh at 10 and Mg at 1400. After reading that, I am going to raise CA a bit and Kh to 12 and see what happens in the new tank. Starting with all frags of SPS.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Folks, it's good to see that the Reef Care Program is all ready generating a lot of interest.

Just a couple of points of interest:

Foundation Elements of Calcium, Carbonates and Magnesium are biologically balanced at the levels Red Sea suggests in both the new Red Sea Coral Pro and the Red Sea salts complimenting the Reef Care Program.

The one that you'll need to look at is the Algae program, this will assist with the growth but you are maintaining levels of No3 and Po4 with the Reef Care Program not eliminating it like some of our competitors products.

So let the debate start!

Red Sea Kev

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Kev - with the nitrate test it says for nitrates above 4 ppm to dilute 1 ml of tank water with 15 ml of RO/DI. I'm confused as to how to calculate the result when doing this. Maybe the kit will explain it?

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Kev - with the nitrate test it says for nitrates above 4 ppm to dilute 1 ml of tank water with 15 ml of RO/DI. I'm confused as to how to calculate the result when doing this. Maybe the kit will explain it?

Hi ReefMack,
On page 10 under the heading important information there is a table for the high low range test, the full sample being the low range the diluted sample being the high range, we'll see if we cant get the instructions highlighted to reflect this or relocate the table.

Red Sea Kev

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi ReefMack,
On page 10 under the heading important information there is a table for the high low range test, the full sample being the low range the diluted sample being the high range, we'll see if we cant get the instructions highlighted to reflect this or relocate the table.

Red Sea Kev

Hi Kev and thanks! I had a feeling that that was why the two lines in the table, but it wasn't clear. It's possible it was explained and I just didn't see it.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
OK Folks, here we go the news you wanted, the Reef Care Program is right behind the New Red Sea Salts.

Your looking at this program being available in the States by mid December so it won't be long and it will go hand in hand with the New Salts for folks wanting low nutrient systems or rapid growth or fragging system.

The Reef Care Program was only launched in the UK last week and the comments have been fantastic, already people who have used the new
No3 Po4-X have been amazed by the impact it's had on systems with Cyno, I've had SPS keepers saying how well the iodine, potassium and Iron test kits work and the list is growing by the day.

Red Sea Kev

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Folks,
I'm sorry for the delay, I will get the latest update with regards to the launch of the Reef Care Program ASAP!
Red Sea Kev