RO Units

Monkeyboy

I'm looking at getting an RO unit for home and was wondering if there's any recommendation on one to get from the UK? Also would I be able to hook it up to a tap in my bathroom?

Thanks in advance.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Here what I use... Chrome Faucet Diverter Valve - English

I would think they would have similar

faucet-diverter-valve_2.jpg

Monkeyboy

I've noticed on alot of units for sale including the TMC V2 Pure that it doesn't include the di section of filter. Is this part essential?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
You might say it's not essential, but consider that the rest of the unit and the RO membrane can remove about 95-99% of TDS (minerals) in your water. When you have a DI cartridge last in the system, you can expect about 100% removal of TDS. To me it's well worth having the DI.

soily

I got a 4 stage one from a guy in Sheffield (collins water products), very good guy to deal with and supplied a tap and spare cartridges and DI media for £90. I have had to phone him twice and both times he's been friendly and helpful. The units are non branded as such but work very well.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
.......The units are non branded as such but work very well.

If they're not put together by the seller, a lot of places buy these units from one manufacturer and stick their label on and raise the price. :) Nothing wrong with an unbranded unit - it can just mean it was put together by the seller and is probably a quality unit.

jpsika08

Aaron
I bought in my case the Vertex Puratek 100 GPD RO/DI System, I think Vertex is a German Company which finding it over your side would be easier.
It has 4 stages, a TDS meter and booster pump.

In many places the lack of water pressure below 50 PSI can make your RO/DI system inefficient and/or slow, the Puratek brings with it a booster pump which delivers 100 GPD.
As of now, I haven't had any problem with this unit and really happy with it.

Also a good advantage is that most systems have 1:4 waste ration, meaning that for each gallon of RO/DI produces, 4 are wasted, in case of the Vertex the ratio is 1:2.2 which makes it efficient.

Vertex Aquaristik > Products > Water Purification Systems > Reverse Osmosis Systems > Puratek 100

Good luck :)