Rien his RSM C 250 adventure

Rini

When we woke up this morning we checked the Milk tank. And we see the structure of the LR again.

99a52c37b6605f7f9acbde02c57852ab.jpg

Later today probabily some scaping.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Rini

Was checking the tank for my 2 little devils. Leo & Shrimp. And glad to report they survived the sandstorm. I'm very happy with this, they were the first animals I got in my nano tank and are special.
Both doing fine, bit confused. Leo is already at work cleaning the rocks. The shrimp is hiding a bit.
Very pleased both doing good, was worried about that.

Rini

Day 31.
After 2 days that the sand is in the tank. We see some changes in the water.
Nitrate is a bit higher & phosphate.
Further we see a tiny bit Nitrite. Had to watch really carefully to even notice it. On the other hand it is not 0. Think it is around 0,1 if i must guess.

Here we go
PH 8.3 pretty stable
dKH 8.1 bit lower, been adding coralline grow to raise it back to 8.4. 2,5 ml per day.
Nitrite : 0,1
Ammonia (nh3/nh4) : 0
Nitrate : 7
Phosphate 0,08
Magnesium : 1340
Calsium 390

Schermafbeelding 2015-07-28 om 11.26.39.png

I want to give it a small week some rest now. Then start adding the clean up crew.

For my testing of the nitrate / phosphate /nh3/nh4/ nitrite i'm using an easy utility on the mac as timer. Before i used my iPhone. But that is not handy.
It costed 99 cent. For me it is worth it.

Schermafbeelding 2015-07-28 om 11.17.14.png

Today we came up and the tank was nice clear.
What I noticed is that 1 waterpump is blowing the sand to dunes. I have changed the direction a bit of the pump to go a bit higher. So far looking good.
Curious how it looks tomorrow. To be honest, it was not looking pretty natural the dunes. Perhaps i change it back as it was.

Well see later.

Further i'm doing an temperature test. I noticed that my tank with the rear fans running is cooling off during the night, where my heater goes on. It goes to 24.8C. During the day we are at 27.5C with the lights on.
Been now checking how the tank runs with the rearfans off.
For now with the rear fans off the night temperature is 27.0C With the lights on the temp raise to 27.5- 27.9C. less flucuation. Will keep an eye on this for a few more days.
Must say that the temp in house is around 21C. When this raise (we have summertime), for sure the fans need to run. When the room is 21C or lower, for now I keep them off.

Thanks for your time reading.

Attachments

• IMG_1738.jpg
    IMG_1738.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 57

Rini

Thanks Glenn :)
Seems I forgot to attach the picture.

Lighting:

What i was wondering myself.
Is the time people use the lighting. At the moment my lighting is set to 10 hours a day.
After the 10 hours the moonlight leds take over.
When we go to bed we power of the moonlights.

Thanks in advance.

Rini

Thanks Akejan. Will go find your topic. I like to read it. Learn à lot from it.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Rini

'
Now I have created a thread. I don't know how to add a picture thow.
Great! Adding an picture is not difficult. click upload a file. And then select the picture. Just follow the steps. It is fun to see your tank evolve. Other people give advise. Since i'm pretty new into this hobby i write almost everything down here and on an dutch forum.

Rini

Tank is getting more clear every hour. We are getting there slowly.
Bubbles still floating around, guess that is something we have to accept, together with the noise.
Can't have everything.

IMG_1746.jpg

Photo is not very good. Tried a bit with making an short video.
We are very happy with the sand. Tank look much better now. Since we have adjuste the left waterpump a bit the dunes are gone. Still not sure if this is good or bad. It had something the dunes. :)

Rini

Day 33.
Yesterday I had to skip for an good reason.

IMG_1758.jpg

Proud to say :
Father of a 2nd daughter since yesterday afternoon.
Both mom & daughter doing very good.
With a bit luck tomorrow they both may go home, then we are complete.
The first weekend with us 4.
Her name : Jacobien, named after grandmother, Danielle her mother. She is called Jacoba, that sounds a bit old, so we did some creative and made Jacobien.
3 girls at home...... Poor me! :crowd:
I'm soooooo proud!
Not sure about US traditions, here in the NL it is tradition when an daughter or son is born we give toast with or Pink mice or Blue mice (blue for boy / pink girl).
Hereby you are free to collect an virtual toast with pink mice.
Schermafbeelding 2015-07-30 om 13.29.56.png

:cheers:

:threadjack:

Day 33 as proud father of 2 girls.
As said, yesterday did nothing with the tank. Today we did the regular checks in the morning, and the daily dosing of : Nopox. And for 3 days : Coralline gro to get the KH back to +/- 8.4.
Goal is to have an waterchange again coming saturday or sunday, and do some water testing.
It depend now a bit if we get family over yes or no.
Corals doing very good, they open. Everything seems to like the new max better as the Nano. Corals are growing rapidly.
Very pleased about that.
Schermafbeelding 2015-07-30 om 13.17.58.png

Probably tomorrow it will be an quiet day with the tank. Just dose the daily stuff and then grab kid and mom from the hospital. :cool:

Did i say i'm a proud father of 2 girls now?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats to mom & dad on your new beautiful daughter !

To save others some googling - mice are anise seeds sugar coated and colored outer layer. Muisjes, meaning "little mice" in Dutch - I think :)

New-Birthday-Balloon-Clipart.jpg

Rini

Thanks all :)

To give a small impression of the little baby room.

Back ontopic:
Day 36.
Things going pretty good.
Goal is that I want to add more members to the clean up crew this week.
Did some basic water testing today. And things seems to settle down after adding the sand.

PH 8.3
dKH 9. Means i'm stoppin now with the coralline gro.
No nitrite and nh3/nh4 tested today. (bit lazy)
Nitrate from 7 --> 5
Phosphate from 0,08 --> 0,04
Magnesium a bit down from 1360 -> 1300
Calsium a bit down from 390 -> 360

Today 10 liter waterchange.

Things going pretty good at the moment, can't wait to get some more little creatures to the tank.
First priority is currently the daughter (s) and wife.

IMG_1782.jpg

Good thing is, no rush tank is nice and easy cycling :)

Rini

day 38
things going very well. Tank is cycling. I'm trying to get some members for the clean up crew this week.
Depend a bit how things going at home.

IMG_1842.jpg
one day she opens her eyes ;)

my xenia tree is getting fat. Doing much better in this tank as in the nano.

My button frag was looking like it was dying in the nano.
Seems it is recovering well now

Things going very well. We take it slow. :)

Rini

Day 40.
It is pretty busy at home with 3 girls. 1 very small one (1 week old). 1 bigger 1 about 2,5 years old. And the biggest 37 years old. ;)
Well it is fun a house filled with girls.

Oh right, this is an aquarium forum ;)
Day 40.
yesterday I came to the conclusion that I don't want to go to far from home, but still want the clean up crew expanded.
So decided to order live stock from our lfs online. Never done this before, so really curious how it will go.
Have ordered :

Snails:
2 x Buccinulum Corneum

2 x Nassarius vibex

2 x Strombus SP

Shrimps:
1 x Lysmata Amboinensis (have already 1, other one died some time ago)

2 x Lysmata Debelius

The shrimps are not that good in cleaning, however we want something that is looking good as well in the tank. I like shrimps. Have an freshwater tank with some species shrimps.
It is still an small crew, have the feeling that i do not have that much yet in the tank. So I want really be good for the animals. If later we find out we need more members, always able to add.
Not going to add any hermit crabs. I'm not such a big fan of these.