Rien his RSM C 250 adventure

Desmond

The normal amount of rock is for every 10 litres your tank is to have 1 kg of rock :)
Your water changes will be good with 20 litres each week. If you see you need a bit more than that you can always change it up a bit :) I am off to the marine store for a look after work he he. I made some space for more corals :)

Rini

And found something nice in the store?

Day 25.

Things going pretty well at the moment. Since we are experimenting with the skimmer and following the Red Sea advice, looks like there are less airbubbels in the water.
We going in the right direction with that.

Further still dosing the daily Nopox. Just 4,5 ml. In a few days will do some water testing to see if the No3 will go down to 1-2.
At this moment i'm waiting for the sand to arrive. It was out of stock, so it take a few more days.
Meanwhile Leo and the Shrimp have the playground for them selves.
Looks like Leo is enjoying the big room. I see him go through the whole tank. For now he keeps everything under control.

In my Nano i had an small Xenia tree. It was not doing great, it seemed that the light in the nano was a bit low. Now in the max we see a big difference.

In the nano:
Schermafbeelding 2015-07-22 om 13.21.00.png

In the max:

IMG_1706.jpg

Basically all corals that are now in the max are doing much better as they did in the Nano.

The sheet I use on daily base to keep track.

Schermafbeelding 2015-07-22 om 13.24.20.png

Probably in time more column will be added, to keep track of the other elements from the Red Sea RCP.

Things go fast, day 25 already.. I remember like this was 2 hours ago:

So much fun.

Desmond

Big difference in the corals from nano :)
I found a nice coral and has paid for it. Will collect it on Saturday :) Orange ricordea coral. Very cool and rare in Norway :)

Rini

Nice! :) Have checked google how they look.

Day 26.

Just added nopox 4,5 ml today. No watertesting yet.
WIth a bit luck we get the sand tomorrow. Coming weekend we have something to do ;)
Most likely during next week, or in the weekend we will grab some more members for the CUC. Depend a bit how the water will do after adding the sand.

Further easy day.
Tonight we saw again an sort of wurm with small legs. Few cm long.
Slowly more life showing up. Very interesting. Would be nice if they show up during day time to.

Desmond

This could be a bristle worm if it is i would try and get it out of the tank as they can be pests.
Mind yu people have different views on this. Some leave them if they are not to big as they say they can be a good member of CUC but some say they can damage corals. I had one and i seen my boxer shrimp had it one day in his pincers so i was happy :) have not seen any since.

Rini

Will never grab that. It is so fast, and as soon it knows someone is watching it goes hiding somewhere.

Sand will arrive tomorrow. Today it would arrive,but we were not at home when the delivery was there :) so tomorrow another chance.

day 27.
Things go very good at the moment.
Still dosing Nopox 4,5 ml.
As it looks now sunday water testing and water change.
Depend a bit how cloudy the water is on sunday if we add the sand tomorrow.
Otherwise we delay the testing with an day, or I test tomorrow before adding sand.

This morning we entered our living room, and we saw 2 cleaner shrimps.. Thats funny, since we just have 1.
Seems he got a new jacket, and the 2nd one was his old jacket :)
After a few hours the old jacket is eaten.

Desmond

Add the sand ina container and it will help not to cloud the tank so much :) Look on youtube for video on a homemade trap to catch them loads of them.

Rini

Day 28.

Today the Sand arrived. Decided to do today an good clean up round. Have cleaned the bottom, moved the LR and cleaned as well. Lots of dirt came from it. Really lots of dirt.
Put everything back. Tank is now cloudy. Have put in an extra pump with jacked to help clearing the water.
As it look now tomorrow morning i do another cleaning round on the bottom of the tank. And then we go add the sand.

It is an windy rainy saturday. Perfect weather to spend some hours with the tank and hot coffee.
Cheers!

Rini

Day 29.

Today we did the last cleanup round on the bottom of the tank.
A few hours later we started to add the first bag of sand.
Resulted in an completely white tank in some minutes. We finished the first bag. Will check how things look tomorrow. We want to wait with adding the second bag till things are cleared up.
Now we are basically blind if we add sand.
FullSizeRender.jpg

The first bag is in the tank. So we are half way.

I have stopped the skimmer and the water pumps. Guess thats best?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I would run your skimmer and pumps and add all the sand you are wanting, when it clears, you can scape it... but there more than one way to proceed.

It will take a couple days to clear - pulling the filters & rinsing them (pumps running) a few times a day will help - just take them to the sink & rinse under running tap water, shake dry & replace - this will help it clear.

Best of luck - enjoying following :)

Rini

Sounds good to me to be honest. Thank you for your advise.
Will do what you describe.
On the left side there are no LR, so will drop the sand there, and when the cloudy is over scape it.

About not running the pumps, was a bit worried that the milk was going to make damage to the pumps.
They will run after the last bag of sand has been added.

:)

Rini

OK done as advised. Everything up and running.

154f4f92264a38c6d952f69162ded41d.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Desmond

You can leave all running no worries at all. Should be clear in a day. I am back in Ireland now. Shopping can look up forum ☺

Sent from my SM-G870F using Tapatalk