Ricordea Placement

dup532

I have a RSM 130d with stock lighting I was wondering on where the prime placement of florida ricordeas would be top third, middle third, or bottom third.

Thanks

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
They should thrive at any level, I have seen them looking great in both high and low light tanks.

tnwillia

+1^, I've had mine all over the tank. As long as they got the light they did great. Right now mine are from bottom to middle. Have fun!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 ^

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Come visit the Red Sea Max Club here on RS & start a tank thread & share some pics with us !

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/

OHreefer

Mine are in the top of the bottom third of the tank. My tank is shallow though so it's still pretty bright. They're doing great. Good luck!

dup532

Thanks for all the advice. I had a florida ricordea in the top third of the tank and it is starting to lose color. I think I will move it lower in the tank.

1Reefer

One more tip with Rics, if they start standing up put some more flow on them and they'll hug the rocks again... ENJOY!!! Rics are one of my favorites!

jpsika08

Welcome to RS, I have mine at the bottom of the tank on the sandbed and it's doing great.

Hope we can see your tank thread at the RSM community with lots of 130D and 250 RSM experienced users.