Rhodes19's 180 build (slow Build)

Rhodes19

For some reason the movie "Misery" kept flashing through my mind while reading this page of your thread. I agree skip all this well intentioned *cough cough* advice. I don't have any advice ... just wanted to wish you luck on V-Day. :)

Hi Val,

Thanks. I spent this morning looking on the internet for entertainment up in Myrtle Beach (Charleston is a black hole when it comes to entertainment) for the weekend. She loves Medieval Times so I'm going to take her there tomorrow for dinner. I think that will win me some brownie points. :)

Rhodes19

Ok,

Here are some random pictures of blurry fish and corals. Noel, the Christmas wrasse is in a few of them.

randomshots9.jpg

randomshots8.jpg

randomshots7.jpg

randomshots6.jpg

randomshots5.jpg

randomshots4.jpg

randomshots3.jpg

randomshots2.jpg

randomshots1.jpg

Rhodes19

I picked up a carbon/GFO reactor and finally got it installed. I don't have any GFO so I went with Marineland carbon that I have on hand. Once I get some GFO, I'll run that instead.

reactorandpump1.jpg

MJ 1200

reactorandpump2.jpg

Here is the Korellia Evolution (1400gph). It seams to be doing well.

Korelliaevolution.jpg

And here are the digital thermometers. One was reading 69 deg and the other was reading 75 deg. The incorrectly working thermometer was reading 75 when the tank was at 81!!! Ok, lesson learned. Digital stuff lies. Time to look for an analog meter.

diditaltherm.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Looking good Chris :thumbup:
Next week sometime I need to come over and figure out that camera of yours. Those pictures don't so your tank justice!
Here is a link to the only reliable way I have ever had measuring temperature. Best and most accurate thermometer I have ever used after my mercury celsius one:
Alcohol Thermometer (Tropic Marin)

rgfast

I agree those coralife guys are ok for quick reffence but thats it, I use Hanna hand held to check mine and DA controller to montor

Val

Hi Val,

Thanks. I spent this morning looking on the internet for entertainment up in Myrtle Beach (Charleston is a black hole when it comes to entertainment) for the weekend. She loves Medieval Times so I'm going to take her there tomorrow for dinner. I think that will win me some brownie points. :)

Excellant solution! I'm sure it will a memorable Valentines day for her. :) I'm impressed.

bwhit1406

Tank looks great! If your wife is into Jewelry you can get her one of those Pandora bracelets. Then every time there is a gift giving holiday you just buy her a couple charms for it. This is what I do and it is easy and works great.

crespeto

Everything is looking good. I love the acans, they look really good, and the chalices as well. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Rhodes19

I agree those coralife guys are ok for quick reffence but thats it, I use Hanna hand held to check mine and DA controller to montor

I was thinking about getting a controller particularly for monitoring/controlling temp but after this episode I was giving it a second thought. However, I'm sure the quality of the product (or lack there of) will make a big difference in reliability.

Rhodes19

Excellant solution! I'm sure it will a memorable Valentines day for her. :) I'm impressed.

Hi Val,

It was a nice weekend. A lot more relaxed than I expected. Medieval Times was nice. A bit hokier than I remember but we had fun. And the weather was nice enough to go for some walks on the beach. I think the best part was we were away from home and had no real agenda/schedule. :)

Rhodes19

Tank looks great! If your wife is into Jewelry you can get her one of those Pandora bracelets. Then every time there is a gift giving holiday you just buy her a couple charms for it. This is what I do and it is easy and works great.

Hi bwhit,

Thanks. That's an idea. She loves jewelry. I used cut my own stones and make jewelry as a hobby and she would take most of what I made!!!

Rhodes19

Everything is looking good. I love the acans, they look really good, and the chalices as well. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Thanks Chris. I'll have to get Frankie to help me with my camera so I can take better pictures. The ones I take just don't do the corals justice.