Reef Huskers New 250

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
You'd be better off asking Reggie, but I think he said they were Purple Hornets?

I doubt the whole millie would be killed, but it may get a few burn spots. I've never had a galaxea, but I've read they're pretty aggressive with the sweepers.

reefhusker

Thanks Terry. I'm always amazed that when a coral puts out multiple lengthy sweepers that they don't get tangled into lots of knots!

reefhusker

How does one go about removing a toadstool leather that has attatched its self to a rock. It has about a 3-4" stem. I was thinkng about using a razor blade but not sure if thats going to hurt it. Need to trade it in!
Its the one right in front of the skimmer gate!
DSC00850.jpg

kyley

Looking good Brad! I'm not sure either, but I think leathers are pretty resilient. I would cut it at the base and wrap some mesh (fish net or something) around it and a piece of rock for it to attach to. But, that may be the wrong way to go about it - I'm sure someone else knows better than me! Take care,
--Kyle

reefhusker

My Lobo is not extending its feeders at night. When I first got him I just had to put the food close to him and they came out. Is he disgruntled? Maybe need to place him somewhere else? Here's a pic!
DSC00935.jpg

JimmyJ

I asked that same question about how to remove a Toadstool in my thread. The answers I got was to use a sharp razor blade and cut as close to the base as you can. Sounds like your on the right path.

Dweezil

If you do move him while you're doing it see if you can't get that bubble algae off the plug so it doesn't spread and take over your tank.

reefhusker

If you do move him while you're doing it see if you can't get that bubble algae off the plug so it doesn't spread and take over your tank.

I was worried about that myself, however I just left it and as of now there's only 1 bubble left. Could be my night scavenger strawberry crab is eating it. Good advice, thanx

reefhusker

Terry - I just moved my lobo up in the tank so i'll see how it does.
Tammy - When doing the above I picked off the remaining bubble

Friday I placed an order from cultivatedreef.com. I was really impressed with their website. Greg replied to my ?? soon after e-mailing him. They give great care advice on each individual coral specimen. Tuesday arrival. Acans, zoas, and a few others.

Dweezil

Cool! Always nice when you can find a good dealer. Looking forward to seeing pictures when they come in.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Kyle - I have had no luck keeping emeralds either. I think ive had 3 and i think they've all perished. I do have a strawberry crab that I love. Ive had him for a long while and thought he was a gonner too but now I see him almost every night. He's grown to around 2" from side to side so apparently hes finding what he needs.
Here he is
DSC00638.jpg

Your strawberry crab is sooo cool !

reefhusker

I just have to make a post to give HIGH regards to cultivatedreef.com. I placed an order on Friday and this weekend in browsing their site I noticed some new additions. Made a phone call to the gentelman there and he gave me all the time I needed telling me about the different stuff he had. He has to cut some stuff I want and give it time to heal so my shipment will be delayed to later this week but thats fine by me. I am getting a polyp each of the purple and blue hornets which are awesome looking. He's also going to label each individual bag so I know whats inside. Enough rambling, but as far as customer service goes this one gets and A+ from me. Review to be completed upon receiving the order.

reefhusker

My order from cultivatedreef is set to ship out today for a Thursday arrival. I seem to have a bit of trouble sometimes getting my zoas to open. Just wondering if anybody would recommend dipping them in something before placing them in the tank. Would this assist them in opening better or more quickly?? Ive read briefly about making a home remedy out of iodine(i think) that can be used. I may not be able to make it to a LFS before the order arrives. Just an example: I bought some orange/green zoas around 2-3 months ago and just a couple of weeks ago it started opening and that wasn't even all the polyps!

reeferman

cultivated reef is awesome!ive gotten several corals from them.thats my red watermelon chalice that he shows on his site,i used it for an avatar for a while.i would get some coral rx and dip ALL incoming corals,thats the best practice.those sound like some nice additions,i love the hornets!