Reef Huskers New 250

Dweezil

I hardly ever test for Amonia, Nitrites or Nitrates anymore unless I feel something is off in my tank. Sometimes about every couple of months I will run the whole series of tests just to "make sure". I test for Alk, Cal and MG pretty using Salifert or API test kits. I'm also looking forward to the Red Sea ones being available here soon!

kyley

Hey Brad,
My 2 cents - I test for nitrate as that can start to rise at any time - particularly as you stock your tank more heavily. I only test every couple weeks or so though... Ammonia and Nitrate I never test now - unless something really seems out of order in the tank. I do test those in my QT though as it can fluctuate much more easily.

Ca, Alk, Mg are the ones I test for regularly. Cool new Goby! Take care,
--Kyle

reeferman

its good to test for Ca,Alk,Mag,Nitrates,and phosphates regularly,but i must admit,all i test for is Ca and KH.i like API test kits.theres lots of opinions on kits.
great pics and additions!

reefhusker

Its a winter wonderland here in the midwest.
DSC00980.jpg

The last remaining coral from my office tank that I dismantled. Its a cup coral (pagoda, i think). One question, when it was in my 8 gal the polyps were really extended, like 3/4of an inch long. Here they are just opened, anyone with experience with these?
DSC00982.jpg

My toadstool is getting so big that the stem appears to be giving away!
DSC00986.jpg

My little adventure into the world of SPS is going good so far. This millipora is growing like a weed. Notice the little chutes that are growing off the main branches.
DSC00985-1.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The "sunny" southeast looks the same today - looks like the amount of snow here! The Pagoda (Turbinaria) may just need more time to adjust to the changes. It looks healthy to me. On the toadstool, I recently had to brace mine up with a piece of rubble. Unfortunately a lot of them get that long stalk and bend over. The Millepora is doing great!

steved13

PREMIUM
+1 on the Pagoda..It looks very healthy. Mine took more than a week to open up after I brought it home from the LFS, and even then it opened less than your is now. Mine opens fully now.

Is that one white or is it the pic and lighting?

reefhusker

Thanks everyone.
Steve the cup coral is a light green, my amatuer photo skills just make it appear white.

Funny how some of you mention the amount of snow here. Last year we had 3 times that amount by now. It was the worst winter in my 33 years.

steved13

PREMIUM
I'd never seen a white one I thought it was pretty cool looking. Mine is yellow and I'm pretty sure dyed when I got it. It's still yellow more of a dull yellow though.

Do you ever find your small snails (if you have any) on your pagoda? I noticed it's starting to turn upward in 1 spot, has it always been that way or started since you purchased it?

reefhusker

Steve, i've had it for a year an a half so its kind of hard to remember but as i recall it has always been turned up like that. I'm interested to see how it will do in my 250 because my BC8 where it resided earlier, did not have very good water conditions. It must be very hardy!!

reefhusker

What kind of zoas does Reggie have in his avatar and where can I get some? Those are awesome!!

Noticed this evening that my galaxy had one of his 4"sweepers stuck to my millie. I suppose thats an "ouch" for the millie. I took my feeding baster and broke the connection. Just wondering if it will likely kill one spot or the whole millie? Crazy galaxy is growing so fast that i don't know what to do. Mayby i'll have to redirect some waterflow to keep this from happening again.