spsredtip_zps8eabcd68.jpg

the candy cane coral-3 polyps
candycane_zps0777771d.jpg

the grenn slimer and unknow encrusting lps
greenslimerandsps_zps849c1f43.jpg

Alos my dads new harlequin shrimp
harlequinshrimp_zps432966ad.jpg

ReefApprentice

JoeCanada11, I will try but they make their "cove" in a hard to capture spot. Also I was measuring my Yuma for the 2 time and its now well over 4 inches(4.3in is the exact).But while doing that I discovered a BABY.
yumababy_zps59cf0bfb.jpg
I am soo happy. On another note I am planning to make a frag rack out of some egg crate and some sucker cups(whatever they are called).I am planning to frag back my Hollywood stunner chalice and my proto-palys. I also might frag my purple death but Im still considering it.

ReefApprentice

So this weekend I did a lot of tank work. For starters I removed 96% of all my halimedia and along with it I removed 97% of my hair algae :clink:. I also as a precatution moved my single remaining rastra zoa to my dads zoa utopia to keep it from being eaten y my asterna army. I plan to get a pair of harlequins but have been recultant to pull that trigger because Im worried that my jaw fish just might have a expensive snack.I also while removing my halimedia/Ha combo made my first intertidal frag-my Hollywood stunner needed it.So pics to come.Today the frag is about 5 days old.I have also planed what my future coral list is
1 purple and orange Ricordea mushroom
2 rainbow acan
3 candy apple reds zoas ( I want them soo bad-they colorful:rainbow:)
4 watermelon chalice( tyree)
5 ORA red planet sps
6 strawberry shortcake sps
7 Nuclear green protoplays
8 a meat coral (Acanthophyllia deshayesiana)
9 miami hurricane chalice
10 a small mini maxi carpet nem
11 yellow polyps (fragging purposes)
12 GSP (fragging purposes)
and that seems to be my coral list but it is subject to change(like everything else in this hobby...)pics to come soon

ReefApprentice

the first frag I ever made(purposely)
firstfrag_zps6909f57e.jpg

the second frag I evar made
secondfrag_zps08e58523.jpg

Also added a second powerhead to my tank for extra current on where I plan to add my frag rack
newpowerhead_zps2b422abe.jpg

ReefApprentice

Well to my 3 favorite LFS and finally got a frag rack. While at one I saw the coolest thing I've ever seen at it-A mimic octopus. Also saw a tiny 2" orange and yellow with black spots anglerfish......All I can do is wait for the tank to get set up........Upcoming project time :apimp:
fragrack_zps557d9441.jpg

upcomingproject_zps3de360da.jpg

ReefApprentice

Another update. About a week ago I added my frag rack but haven't been able to update because it was the last day of school. With school ending today (SUMMER)I finally was able to get some decent pictures. So here they are.
A FTS
FTS_zps44fd18e8.jpg

The new frag rack with a chalice frag, the florescent green candy cane and the WWC gold speckled chalice along with my posing blenny and clown pair.
fragrack1_zps89f20cd6.jpg

ReefApprentice

The tank is doing great. Cant believe this started out as a 'getting my feet wet tank". Its come so far and Im very happy with it. I ,after reading several article's want to get some NPS like a coco worm or dendrophyllia. I also am wanting to know what type of sinking pellets you guys use because my jawfish is still shy and doesn't move that far from his burrow when Im feeding. Everything is still alive and well fed. My one of my acans polyps melted as if the peppermint has been messing with it again but he gets spot fed now. Any recommendations about coral?

1,000th post.

ReefApprentice

Well added a ducan last week and it got mauled by a hydroid colony that decided to pop up. Lemon juice works great on them. Finally decided to open up a little after about 6 days of it looking like a skeleton. :dance: Hoping its condition improves.

ReefApprentice

what lfs are u going to?

Marine warehouse and Creative aquariums.

Been slacking a bit on the tank with due to a few games that came out but I'm back and today I decided to get a little inspiration for the tank.Got a little Sunrise Dottyback and he's already swimming around . Will upload pictures once I figure out how to use photobuckets new interface